Author Topic: ZALES Logic?  (Read 13633 times)

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
Re: ZALES Logic?
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2016, 02:14:12 pm »
I own a 9M but am completely ignorant about CHL: How does anybody know whether or not a gun carrying individual has a CHL?
And if you're carrying correctly, how does one even know you're carrying?
Do not try to live forever on this earth. You will not succeed.

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2016, 03:27:05 pm »
I guess the concern is also open carry, the laws of which I also know nothing about, but same basic question: How does anybody know whether or not an individual openly carrying a gun is licensed to do so?

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2016, 03:28:38 pm »
Maybe individuals carrying guns should have to wear a "licensed gun carrier" type of badge, front and rear, readily visible ... like license plates  :)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2016, 04:04:53 pm »
Maxtog, my son lived in the Tidewater area for 13 years and on my visits it was normal to see someone carrying openly.

I guess it just depends where and when.  I might see one open-carry person a year.

He eventually got his CHL but carrying saved his bacon once when a dog tried to attack him.
The cops were called on him once at the neighborhood laundromat.

In that case, I would hope that the police trace back the call and charge the people reporting it with something.... at least a ticket for wasting their time.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2016, 04:07:52 pm »
I own a 9M but am completely ignorant about CHL: How does anybody know whether or not a gun carrying individual has a CHL?

They don't.  They would have to ask to see the license (CHP/CHL/CCP).  The police do have such a right, and you must carry the license and a photo ID with you at all times when carrying concealed.

I guess the concern is also open carry, the laws of which I also know nothing about, but same basic question: How does anybody know whether or not an individual openly carrying a gun is licensed to do so?

Same response- you don't.  And the laws vary wildly from place to place.  Same way you don't know if someone is licensed to drive, or licensed to practice medicine, etc.

Maybe individuals carrying guns should have to wear a "licensed gun carrier" type of badge, front and rear, readily visible ... like license plates  :)

Um..... no.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline philipintexas

• Phils Farkels
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2016, 04:28:56 pm »
"Maybe individuals carrying guns should have to wear a "licensed gun carrier" type of badge, front and rear, readily visible ... like license plates  :)"

Better yet, have the good guys just do their thing un-labeled, BUT, make the bad guys have to declare themselves!!
Need a better luggage rack?  www.philsfarkels.com

Offline timsatx

• Arena
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2016, 09:13:36 am »
Open carry generally has the same privileges and restrictions as concealed with some additional "no, no's." You can't open carry if you're on a college campus or if you're private security and not wearing a uniform. Private property owners have the right to prohibit open carry by posting a sign.

District Attorney Nico LaHood says law enforcement can stop you to ask for your LTC if you're open carrying, "If an officer politely asks you I don't care if you videotape it. Do whatever you want that you feel you need to be protected. Just, 'Yes, sir. Thank you very much, and have a blessed day,' and move on," LaHood told the open carry seminar at STW Krav Maga.

Open Carry Texas disagrees that police have legal authority to stop you only to ask for your license to carry, but they don't recommend disobeying the request unless you have a heap of money to pay for the legal battle.

There probably won't be any need to worry about that in San Antonio, though. Police Chief William McManus said San Antonio officers won't stop you just for openly carrying a gun but he said officers do have the right to ask for your weapon if they stop you and feel unsafe.

"Officers need to be able to protect themselves. So if they feel the need to remove that weapon from the individual, then they're going to do that," McManus said.

McManus also said dispatchers are trained to respond to 911 callers phoning in about someone open carrying a gun by asking a series of questions to determine why that person might be carrying a gun.

http://www.ksat.com/news/new-open-carry-law-fast-approaching

Offline Cholla

• Arena
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2016, 09:17:12 am »
In many states a CHL (concealed handgun license) isn't needed to open carry.
It does seem strange to require a CHL to OC.
Then, it seems strange to me to require a CHL.
Beware the Black Widows...Feared throughout the land!

Offline wally_games

• Arena
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2016, 11:21:30 am »
In many states a CHL (concealed handgun license) isn't needed to open carry.
It does seem strange to require a CHL to OC.
Then, it seems strange to me to require a CHL.

The new license in Texas is called a LTC, or License To Carry. Covers both concealed and open carry.
'14 BMW 1200 GSw (red, what little there is that's not grey)
'11 Concours ABS (black) w/ Leo Vince carbon, heated Corbin, Garmin; TechSpec pads (gone but not forgotten)
'05 Yamaha FZ6, only crashed once, gone in trade; '87 Honda Gold Wing Aspencade, sold; '85 Honda Magna (700), sold; '76 Kawasaki KZ400, sold

Offline Nosmo

• "We're all in this together." - Red Green
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2016, 07:38:05 pm »
If I owned a retail business, I'd post the following sign:

Dear Customers: 

This establishment supports Article Two of the Bill of Rights. 
                                              Your legally carried firearm is welcome here. 
                                        Discreetly present your CPL at register for 5% discount. 
                                   (No information will be retained or copied, visual display only.)
A life undreamed is a waste.  A dream unlived is a sin.

Offline Nosmo

Offline C14lvr

« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2016, 06:05:37 pm »
Ironically, *THE* place to get guns, accessories, ammo, instruction, etc in this area is Superior Pawn.  Take a guess what signs are posted all over their entrances and in the stores?  "NO LOADED WEAPONS ARE ALLOWED" (with various wordings and additional info).   Now see if that makes much sense!  Are they required by their insurance carrier or something?  I have no idea.  I have been meaning to ask a manager

My GF used to own a pawn shop.
They say this in order to keep idiots from bringing in loaded guns to pawn, and waiving them around.
Not so much for licensed concealed carry people.
They get lots of guns for pawn. They don't want people handing them loaded weapons.
2011 C14 ABS black w/red/yellow, B.D.F lofuel W.E.,SSD h/g's,
2" setback risers, Phil's wedges/rear rack,K Gel-seat, Rostra CC, AST tourpegs, techspec, 2"droppegs, 4"droppass pegs, Fuzeblock,  7"Garmin, fenda ext, LED tag plate, Ip5S Ram mt, TMeister, Mirror LED t/s, Bestem TBox, CB HDUT w/s, TRex front/CC bag, Wolo Badboy, Tailbrights, Scala G9X, Scorpion EXO1200 Jag, PR4GT's55's, 55W Qz Dr

Offline Nosmo

« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2016, 06:28:08 pm »
My GF used to own a pawn shop.
They say this in order to keep idiots from bringing in loaded guns to pawn, and waiving them around.
Not so much for licensed concealed carry people.
They get lots of guns for pawn. They don't want people handing them loaded weapons.

You mean like this??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsecTFkxWwk

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2016, 06:37:45 pm »
Thank God for good men willing to do extreme violence.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2016, 05:39:46 am »
You mean like this??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsecTFkxWwk

That is an epic failure that someone supposedly trained in weapons wouldn't verify it was unloaded, and someone supposedly trained in weapons (a police officer!!!) wouldn't also verify it was unloaded.  It also required a THIRD epic failure of someone storing it in the case loaded, too.  Three failures had to occur.  Wow.