Author Topic: Thinking about getting tip over protection-MCE or Bygdawg?  (Read 14434 times)

Offline Rhino

• Arena
Re: Thinking about getting tip over protection-MCE or Bygdawg?
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2012, 08:35:00 am »
Yes I meant a pic of the colored matched canyon cage.

I did find this pic on page 17 of the "show us your canyon cage" thread but would like to see a more complete picture.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2012, 08:37:35 am »
Rhino, the full bike pics should be close to that one.

Reply 130 page 9
Thank God for good men willing to do extreme violence.

Offline Dalroo

• 2B1 - ASK1
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2012, 08:57:05 am »
Sorry, was out of pocket for a couple of days and saw the request for pics of color matched. I don't have a good one with me at the moment, but will get one and post. Also, there are a few of the other thread.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2012, 09:09:38 am »
Rhino, the full bike pics should be close to that one.

Reply 130 page 9

Got it! Thanks! Exactly what I was looking for.

Offline Dalroo

• 2B1 - ASK1
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2012, 01:22:56 pm »
Here is the link to the pages with photos - http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=9353.120

Offline RyanMCEnterprises

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2012, 02:07:59 pm »
Here is the link to the pages with photos - http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=9353.120

Man, I forgot how awesome those color-matched bars look! Great job by your powder coaters to match that paint!
MC Enterprises has been manufacturing quality motorcycle products for nearly 45 years! Visit us online at www.MCEnterprises.com!

Offline fartymarty

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2012, 10:37:05 am »
Great job by your powder coaters to match that paint!

Yeah, he (Kevin Ayers) does/did good work!
Unfortunately, I believe he has quit the business. His website is down and the Two Wheeled Texans forum talk is that he quit.  :'(  :(  :'(

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2012, 11:01:14 am »
Yeah, he (Kevin Ayers) does/did good work!
Unfortunately, I believe he has quit the business. His website is down and the Two Wheeled Texans forum talk is that he quit.  :'(  :(  :'(

Awwww, man. That is truly unfortunate. Do you know if he was forced out of the business (went bankrupt, too far in debt, etc.) or merely decided to quit and sold the business?
MC Enterprises has been manufacturing quality motorcycle products for nearly 45 years! Visit us online at www.MCEnterprises.com!

Offline Dalroo

• 2B1 - ASK1
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2012, 03:42:23 pm »
Kevin is a great guy, and the powdercoating business was part-time as he is a full-time firefighter. It is my understanding from others that the pc biz was consuming too much time, and the frustrations dealing with clients who wanted to haggle over price instead of quality just became not worth the hassle. Too bad because his work was/is phenomenal. When I used him, I never even considered shopping the price because his reputation was so good.

I will pay a few bucks more for perfection, but that is just me.

Offline fartymarty

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2012, 04:01:33 pm »
Awwww, man. That is truly unfortunate. Do you know if he was forced out of the business (went bankrupt, too far in debt, etc.) or merely decided to quit and sold the business?

I only know what was said on the TWT forum, it seems only one person actually talked to him there. There maybe other forums that have more info but I'm not on those. Here is a blog or something but no recent updates. The Facebook page appears stripped of info. I always thought he was too much of a perfectionist, he would strip his work down and redo it for minor stuff, hard to complain about that though as a customer. I'm not going to bother him until I have more work to be done, then I'll give him a call just to be sure that he's finished with it. Hopefully it's just a temporary hiatus. He did some pannier's for me that held up well even though I tried to scrape and mash them out in Big Bend.

Time will tell I guess.

Kevin is a great guy...

+1  :thumbs:

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2012, 02:52:04 pm »
Oh man! Well, that really is a shame. Hopefully you guys can find someone who does comparable work. I know exactly what you mean about paying for quality though. You wouldn't believe how many people try to haggle on prices with us when we're already giving them a great deal or discount. Quality isn't cheap!

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2012, 04:04:43 pm »
You wouldn't believe how many people try to haggle on prices with us when we're already giving them a great deal or discount.

They're probably from that other forum... Nothing but longest lasting tires and best gas mileage threads over there...  ;) ;D

Offline Cuda

« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2012, 06:43:21 pm »
These SHOULD come as standard equipment on this 700lb monster.
Old and SLOW                   COG 11405
Gods waiting room Naples
2011 Atomic  Silver