Author Topic: Wiring For Trailer Lights  (Read 4707 times)

Offline Outback_Jon

• Arena
Re: Wiring For Trailer Lights
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2011, 08:36:27 am »
The shortest route to Grandma's house is not not take any short cuts.
In the case of wiring, don't take any 'short curcuits' either.   ;D
"Outback Jon" Gould *** South Cairo, NY *** COG #9506 *** 2006 C10 "Blueline" *** CDA #0157

Offline jklhill

Offline SteveJ.

• Arena
  • Mid Flowriduh a.a.d.
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2011, 03:08:22 pm »
I bought an adapter at the local autozone similar to this http://www.autozone.com/autozone/accessories/Reese-Tail-light-converter-with-60-in-wire-and-4-way-connector/_/N-262o?counter=2&itemIdentifier=182754_0_0_
Had you bought the power module, you would not have to deal with replacing both flashers and the extra load on your fragile J box.

Hope it works out for you.
Perfection Is A Fantasy, Improvement Is Possible(Margie J)
'99 Conk: 227k mi, '98 KLR650 back from Cal
COG 5603, IBA 19921, CBMMA 50 (Cheap B@st@rds Motorcycle Maintenance Assoc, 14 year member)

Offline jklhill

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2011, 06:11:25 pm »
Had you bought the power module, you would not have to deal with replacing both flashers and the extra load on your fragile J box.

Hope it works out for you.

Just went and looked. The unit I have is made by Hoppy. I ride daily and the trailer is almost always hooked up. It has been working fine for about a year. I am running all led's on the trailer. The only bulbs on the bike that I haven't switched to led are the headlight, the front turn/running lights, the rear turn signals (Electrical Connections conversion kit installed) and the license plate light.

Offline SteveJ.

• Arena
  • Mid Flowriduh a.a.d.
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2011, 06:25:20 pm »
Just went and looked. The unit I have is made by Hoppy. I ride daily and the trailer is almost always hooked up. It has been working fine for about a year. I am running all led's on the trailer. The only bulbs on the bike that I haven't switched to led are the headlight, the front turn/running lights, the rear turn signals (Electrical Connections conversion kit installed) and the license plate light.
Oops! My bad. Didn't even think of the LED angle.
Perfection Is A Fantasy, Improvement Is Possible(Margie J)
'99 Conk: 227k mi, '98 KLR650 back from Cal
COG 5603, IBA 19921, CBMMA 50 (Cheap B@st@rds Motorcycle Maintenance Assoc, 14 year member)