Author Topic: Re-introduction  (Read 4226 times)

Offline Goat

Re: Re-introduction
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2017, 05:40:19 pm »
Boy do I have a story.  While searching for another C14 I ran across a craigslist posting and immediately knew it was my old bike with only 5k more miles on it in after 4 years.  I contacted the owner asking if he would be interested in trading for my ZRX.  We talked and worked out a deal, Sunday morning I get my C14 back.

He said the only issue he has had is the windshield has started raising and lowering intermittently, I will research it out and do some trouble shooting.  Gonna check it out thoroughly.

What a small world, who would've thunk it....

Offline connie_rider

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2017, 09:58:34 pm »
Great story.
I guess the question is,, why did you get rid of it previously?

Ride safe, Ted

Offline Goat

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2017, 05:49:10 am »
Fair question.  I was having some serious health issues and it didn't look like I would be able to ride any longer.  The cash went to purchasing a car.  I was off a bike for 19 months but finally got things worked out, I just couldn't stand not riding.

Offline connie_rider

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2017, 08:11:11 am »
Happy to see you worked it out..

See ya on the road.
Ride safe, Ted

Offline Goat

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2017, 07:06:57 am »
So the deed is done and my C14 is home!  Man it was dirty, seemed like it hadn't been cleaned since I sold it.  Took about 5 hours to get it almost back to how I like it.  I couldn't ride since I still have to get the registration switched over.  The clear protective sheets I had on the saddle bags to help with scuffs were removed and the top of the bags are pretty scuffed.

It did come with a brand spanking new set of PR 4s on it though.

First order of business is those heat shields for the fairings, I quickly re-discovered how hot it gets.  Then get the screen lowering/raising mechanism fixed.

I'm sure I'll be posting more and can't wait to ride!!!   8)