Author Topic: Top Box  (Read 2085 times)

Offline mikeyw64

• Arena
Top Box
« on: February 21, 2017, 10:36:15 AM »
My GTR came with an OEM 39l top box fitted which was handy . Big enough to take my rucksack with laptop in etc but could only take one helmet (ok I know you can fit a helmet in each pannier but.....)

On my Bird I had a Givi Maxia which comfortably took two helmets so the next decision was whether to get one of those and also replace the mounting plate (the Maxia is Monokey, the OEM is Monolock) . After humming and haing I settled on the Blade B47N Tech plus the optional cover. The latter was ordered in silver which is close but not quote so a friend sprayed it up for me to match.

Piccys speak for themselves. Still to do fit some 10mm red LEDs to the Blade to use as supplementary brake lights (could have taken the easy option and ordered the kit but had some LEDs lying around from a previous project)

« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 12:58:32 PM by mikeyw64 »
--
space reserved for humourous sig file

Offline Rhino

• Arena
Re: Top Box
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 01:36:08 PM »
I like how the GIVI came out. Would like to see it with the lights on.

I don't have a top box on my C14. I didn't think I needed one. But I now have one on my Multistrada and I love it. It is so handy. If I keep the C14 I plan to get a GIVI for it.

Offline mikeyw64

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2017, 10:56:26 PM »
Have just realised watching this video  (I was checking how long the Blade has been around) that this case actually fits on Monolock and Monokey bases
--

Offline mikeyw64

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2017, 12:51:09 PM »
Ok so I was browsing around and I have to say the latest top box offering from the Kawasaki mothership (which looks to be another rebadged Givi) is actually not bad looking nor too stupidly priced. I also like you an have the lok matched to your ignition key

--