Author Topic: A funny thing happened on the way to the forum...  (Read 20776 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: A funny thing happened on the way to the forum...
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2017, 12:08:30 pm »
This is the first air cooled twin I've ever rode and if it wasn't for my wife liking it so much, I wouldn't have given it the time of day.  However, after riding it, I do like it.  It's a different style of riding, though, more sedate.  I'm going to take it up to the Blue Ridge Parkway and see how it does.  I've got a ride coming up into southern Ohio in early June with my sportier friends.  I've got to make a decision at some point which bike I'm taking.  There would be no question with the C14 as I would be up near the front with another C14 who usually leads.  If I take the Indian, I think I'll stay near the rear of the pack until I know how its going to handle.  I asked the dealer how it takes the corners and is it easy to scrape and he said no, but I don't think he rides like I do on the 14.  Nor does he have a clue about sport tourers..
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2016 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! 2008 C14 Moved on to a new home.

Offline O.C.

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2017, 04:24:15 am »
Hey Jim, congratulations on the new ride, I hope that the three of you have many smiles and miles together

How about some pictures  8)   
CARPE DIEM

KLZ 1000 GT SE ..GREEN

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2017, 06:33:06 am »
Congrats Jim! I love that the Indian name is making a come back and really like the looks of the bikes. Like O.C. said, didn't happen unless there are pics!

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2017, 06:37:56 am »
BTW: I just watched Harley and the Davidsons on Amazon. Interesting show and wondering how accurate it is. But looked almost like a 6 hour add for Harley and it made the guy that ran Indian look like a total villain.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2017, 06:49:41 am »
It has to be accurate, it was on TV.... ::)    I don't know much about either manufacturer's history.   All I know is my wife and I like the bike bery bery much.  I think all of our two up riding is going to be on that.

"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2016 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! 2008 C14 Moved on to a new home.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2017, 06:52:45 am »
Yup, I'm thinking your wife will be a wee bit more comfy on the back of that! Nice!

Offline CRocker

• Arena
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2017, 07:08:04 am »
Nice bike!  And...yes...a totally different riding experience...
'02 C-10

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2017, 07:25:13 am »
Yup, I'm thinking your wife will be a wee bit more comfy on the back of that! Nice!

My wife's knees have been bothering her on the longer trips.   It's much better on this bike.  She likes the wider board for her feet and she remarked that she isn't getting knocked in the back by the top case anymore.  All in all, it's a big upgrade from 2 up on the C14.  The cruise control holds the speed very well, unlike the Voyager I had years ago.  The only downside I can see at the moment is less storage than I'm used to on the C14.  The side cases are much narrower, but the top case is larger than the Shad46 I have now.

Offline lather

• And I think my spaceship knows which way to go...
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2017, 10:27:42 am »
Conger rats Jim!
Nothing worse than having your balls go missing.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2017, 10:28:46 am »
Another thing.....the fob unlocks and locks all the cases..

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2017, 11:15:44 am »
Just to be absolutely clear.....I'm not going pirate.   Wearing the same stuff I always do.

Online B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2017, 01:11:15 pm »
Says the guy riding the 'thump- thump', V twin. That is kinda' like saying "Why I remember the second time I lost my virginity..... and the third time, now that is a great story!".

:rotflmao: three times.   C'mon now Jim, one begins sky- diving when one's feet leave the airplane deck, not when one's feet hit the ground.

Brian

Just to be absolutely clear.....I'm not going pirate.   Wearing the same stuff I always do.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline blue14

• Arena
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2017, 03:42:19 pm »

I would guess its difficult carrying a sword in your assless chaps, painful even.
2010 C14, 2007 ZX14,  2004 KTM 300SXC

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2017, 07:02:03 pm »
Hey don't knock it til you try it...

Also, I am somewhat disappointed that this thread is so mellow.  It's starting to pick up but no one is making fun of me.  Not sure what to think of that.  I may have to ban someone...  Blue14 and Brian are exempt for their feeble attempt at mocking me.. :rotflmao:   Possibly they are French?

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2017, 07:22:25 pm »
I do believe you need a new helmet....
Thank God for good men willing to do extreme violence.