Author Topic: Stupid criminals  (Read 7360 times)

Offline Conrad

Stupid criminals
« on: July 19, 2017, 04:00:39 AM »
http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/18/us/okaloosa-county-drug-dealer-trnd/index.html

Self-described drug dealer turns himself in -- by accident

(CNN) — Don't you just hate it when you're reporting a crime to your local sheriff's office -- only to be busted yourself?

That's what happened to David Blackmon, who identifies himself as a drug dealer, officers said.

Over the weekend, he called the sheriff's office in Okaloosa County, Florida, to report that someone had broken into his car and stolen $50 in cash -- and a quarter-ounce of cocaine.

Then he made the responding deputy's job even easier.

The deputy found cocaine still in the car, a crack pipe on the car floor, and a crack rock on the center console, the sheriff's office said.

Officials charged Blackmon with possession of cocaine, resisting arrest without violence, and possession of drug paraphernalia. The sheriff's office didn't know whether he had a lawyer.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
Re: Stupid criminals
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2017, 04:08:10 AM »
What is resisting arrest without violence? Is not violence the only thing a person can use to resist arrest? Or is saying something like 'Gee, I do not want to be arrested' resisting arrest?

I am getting too old to fit in anymore and do not understand the 'new math' of human interaction.

I do follow the 'stupid criminals' part though but I betcha' the criminals get smarter when working up the criminal food chain.

Brian

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/18/us/okaloosa-county-drug-dealer-trnd/index.html

Self-described drug dealer turns himself in -- by accident

(CNN) — Don't you just hate it when you're reporting a crime to your local sheriff's office -- only to be busted yourself?

That's what happened to David Blackmon, who identifies himself as a drug dealer, officers said.

Over the weekend, he called the sheriff's office in Okaloosa County, Florida, to report that someone had broken into his car and stolen $50 in cash -- and a quarter-ounce of cocaine.

Then he made the responding deputy's job even easier.

The deputy found cocaine still in the car, a crack pipe on the car floor, and a crack rock on the center console, the sheriff's office said.

Officials charged Blackmon with possession of cocaine, resisting arrest without violence, and possession of drug paraphernalia. The sheriff's office didn't know whether he had a lawyer.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2017, 05:33:33 AM »
What is resisting arrest without violence? Is not violence the only thing a person can use to resist arrest?

You posted exactly what I was going to say.

V "Sorry officer, but I believe I should not be arrested."
P "TURN AROUND AND LET ME CUFF YOU"
V "OK, but it would be better if you let me go."  [gets cuffed]
P "STOP RESISTING!!" [starts hitting V]
V "Why are you beating me?  Oh, could I please leave, I would like to be released."
P "STOP RESISTING!!!"

Seriously, it probably means not complying with orders (turn around, get in, stop moving, sit down), although not putting up a fight (hitting, spitting, kicking, grabbing).
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Cholla

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2017, 08:03:48 AM »
By definition criminals are stupid. Its a requisite.
Beware the Black Widows...Feared throughout the land!

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2017, 08:34:57 AM »
Speeding is a crime...
The grass isn't always greener.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2017, 08:46:28 AM »
 :doh:
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline mikeyw64

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2017, 09:17:05 AM »
No idea but I was watching a program on the early Manchester City Police force (1860's sort of time) and they had a charge of "Drunk and incapable of fighting"

Came above "Drunk in a public place" and "Drunk & Disorderly"

What is resisting arrest without violence? Is not violence the only thing a person can use to resist arrest? Or is saying something like 'Gee, I do not want to be arrested' resisting arrest?

I am getting too old to fit in anymore and do not understand the 'new math' of human interaction.

I do follow the 'stupid criminals' part though but I betcha' the criminals get smarter when working up the criminal food chain.

Brian
--
space reserved for humourous sig file

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2017, 11:27:23 AM »
Speeding is a crime...

Are you suggesting that some of us on this forum speed? Say it aint so!

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2017, 12:57:45 PM »
Who buys a 150 HP bike to go slow? Not me! ;D
The grass isn't always greener.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2017, 03:41:18 PM »
Are you suggesting that some of us on this forum speed? Say it aint so!

OMG, who would suggest THAT??!!  :-X

In any case, just about everyone is a criminal in the technical sense.  With the government out-of-control and countless thousands of extremely complex and often over-reaching laws and regulations, it is probably easy to pin something on just about anybody.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Conrad

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2017, 03:56:06 AM »

The smart criminals don't get caught so we never hear about them.

Either that or they go into politics and get elected to some high office or the other.

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2017, 04:56:31 AM »
Yeah, well there is that line about 'all enemies, foreign and domestic'.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/isps-barred-telling-users-under-132100929.html

Brian

The smart criminals don't get caught so we never hear about them.

Either that or they go into politics and get elected to some high office or the other.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Cholla

• Arena
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2017, 09:45:40 AM »

And then they get elected.
Now who is stupid?
Beware the Black Widows...Feared throughout the land!

Offline Tree

• 21 Year Submarine Veteran - GO NAVY!
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2017, 12:17:26 PM »
Speeding is a crime...

These are some of the arguments I had in my head recently while standing on the roadside, technically under arrest, while receiving a little yellow slip of paper from the CHP:

"I was only accelerating to get away from all of the distracted drivers."

"Did you see that woman putting on her makeup while talking on the phone?"

"That guy was swerving all over the road, I had to get to a safe place."

By definition what I did was criminal so I paid the damn ticket.  $450 is no small sum but I will continue to ride as if they are out to kill me, because, they are out to kill me.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2017, 12:50:46 PM »
Heck, they are out to kill me when I'm in my truck, let alone the bike.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2017, 01:19:32 PM »

And then they get elected.
Now who is stupid?

The voters who put them in office.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2017, 01:40:59 PM »
So if the voters are stupid, does that make them criminals?

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2017, 01:51:21 PM »
(and this is when the thread went off to the arena.....)

In that last election cycle? You betcha'. Every single person who voted for either of the two electable candidates absolutely was a criminal. Me included, and I am ashamed of the choice I made. And we will pay the price for that.... that.... whatever that was.

My only excuse, and it certainly rings hollow, is that the other mistake would have been worse.

Brian

So if the voters are stupid, does that make them criminals?

Offline Tree

• 21 Year Submarine Veteran - GO NAVY!
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2017, 02:15:07 PM »
(and this is when the thread went off to the arena.....)

In that last election cycle? You betcha'. Every single person who voted for either of the two electable candidates absolutely was a criminal. Me included, and I am ashamed of the choice I made. And we will pay the price for that.... that.... whatever that was.

My only excuse, and it certainly rings hollow, is that the other mistake would have been worse.

Brian

I just hated the fact that I couldn't stand either one of them  I knew in my gut that we were going to a dark place as a country with this election.

As a side note: These threads don't need guidance systems.  Let them flow I say!

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2017, 02:21:07 PM »
By definition what I did was criminal so I paid the damn ticket.  $450 is no small sum

Wow!  That is an expensive one!