Author Topic: My Coast- to Coast in less than 50 hours report (long)  (Read 7433 times)

Offline Hang2er

Re: My Coast- to Coast in less than 50 hours report (long)
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2011, 07:31:43 PM »
Don't you just hate it when a newbie shows up and resurrects an old thread?  I know sorry, but I'll do it anyway.

I can't help but wonder what you are running for tires and how they held up after 3k highway miles?  Did you need to buy a new set for the ride home?

Offline Scaffolder

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2011, 07:44:06 PM »
Easy answer. Michelin PR2s. And they made it all the way.

Joel from Maine.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2011, 08:01:54 PM »
As someone already said, Michelin PR2s. No, rode the same set out and back, and in fact they are still on the bike right now. They had about 2K miles on them before I started the trip so I arrived in WA with about 5K miles on them. They looked good and rode great but the rear tire was fairly flat from all the highway miles. I reduced the pressure in them about 2 PSI (down to 40 PSI) to reduce the flatting on the way home and it did help. Arrived back home with 9K on the tires and they looked and rode well. I have gotten over 16K miles out of PR2s in the past so expect at least 12K out of this set (currently over 10K miles and they look great, and still handle very well). I would like to try a set of PR3s but am so happy with PR2s that I will probably grab one more set of the -2's when I do need new tires.

No problem resurrecting old threads on this forum as far as I know. This isn't an old thread yet anyway so no problem either way.

Brian

Don't you just hate it when a newbie shows up and resurrects an old thread?  I know sorry, but I'll do it anyway.

I can't help but wonder what you are running for tires and how they held up after 3k highway miles?  Did you need to buy a new set for the ride home?
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Scaffolder

« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2011, 08:23:45 PM »
I'll let you know all about the PR3s soon. Just got mine put on Tuesday. They feel great so far. It is like a new bike with the change over from stockers which went 10,500 miles. I just put about 600 miles on the PR3s since then. They love the corners. Maybe too much. Waiting for a big rain to test the water shedding. Should be interesting.
I too almost hit 17,000 miles on the PR2s so my tire mileage should give you a good idea of what to expect.
Joel from Maine.