Author Topic: What happens if we fall off the edge of our flat Earth?  (Read 11650 times)

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Re: What happens if we fall off the edge of our flat Earth?
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2017, 09:13:23 am »
They must be using round earth technology.
Thank God for good men willing to do extreme violence.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2017, 10:10:47 am »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modern_flat_Earth_societies

It's hard to believe there are really people that stupid out there.  But, alas.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2017, 11:40:03 am »

Really? It's proven everyday.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2017, 02:49:20 pm »
Unfortunately, that is all too true. And I am not really sure it is pure stupidity or a combination of a lack of attention coupled with mental laziness. At any rate, it really can be amazing how foolish people can act. For most of my life, I attributed most bad behavior to malice but I finally realized that if just 'dumb' could result in the same behavior, it was much more probably that than malice.

But I still think this guy is just doing what he is doing for publicity, attention and very probably, in some way or another, money.

Brian

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2017, 03:26:08 pm »
I would almost pay to see him stick the landing in that lawn dart.

Offline fartymarty

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2017, 10:20:42 pm »
....and very probably, in some way or another, money.

What's that saying..."Crazy like a Fox."..? ...ah maybe..
 Sponsors, T-shirts, internet pay per view, etc.
 http://www.madmikehughes.com/
https://www.facebook.com/madmikehughes/

Well maybe not so fox like, couldn't find a place to pay for the pay per view and the launch is tomorrow?
I expect it to get canceled just like his jump over Palo Duro Canyon was in 2016.

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
Do not try to live forever on this earth. You will not succeed.

Online Conrad

« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2017, 06:25:10 am »
Wow, they still make those things! I had one of those when I was a child. (1950s) I recall mine was a two stage model made of white plastic with a transparent red tip (EZ boyz). I don't recall the two stage action working very well. Sometimes it fell to the ground and the hard impact would set the second stage off and it would spin around in the grass.
 ....ahhh yes those were the days my friends...polio; bomb shelters; footwear abuse at the UN; sputnik; cigarette smoke everywhere; separate water fountains; TV dinners; and...and...Cheez Whiz!
Just to get back on topic sorta, there where no pictures (fake or otherwise) from space showing a round earth. Only world globes made by those Replogle conspirators.

I loved those water rockets when I was a kid and I had a bunch of them! Thus my comment about getting them stuck on the garage roof.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Online Conrad

« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2017, 06:27:12 am »

You got that right GP!    ;)

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Nosmo

• "We're all in this together." - Red Green
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2017, 08:47:53 pm »
Well, he had to cancel his launch.  Seems he can't keep his motorhome running.  Sort of calls into question his mechanical abilities, ya think?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/man-cancels-rocket-launch-to-prove-earth-is-flat/ar-BBFCP08?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=msnbcrd
A life undreamed is a waste.  A dream unlived is a sin.

Online Conrad

« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2017, 05:54:16 am »
Well, he had to cancel his launch.  Seems he can't keep his motorhome running.  Sort of calls into question his mechanical abilities, ya think?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/man-cancels-rocket-launch-to-prove-earth-is-flat/ar-BBFCP08?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=msnbcrd

A man who believes Earth is flat, and was ready to launch himself from a rocket in California on Saturday afternoon to prove it, has canceled his plans. At least for now.

Not having the required federal permits plus mechanical problems with his "motorhome/rocket launcher" forced self-taught rocket scientist "Mad" Mike Hughes to put his experiment on hold.

The U.S. Bureau of Land Management (BLM) "told me they would not allow me to do the event ... at least not at that location," Hughes said in a YouTube announcement, amid international attention over his plans to launch into the 'atmosflat.'

"It's been very disappointing," he said.

How can he be a rocket scientist if he doesn't believe in science?   

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2017, 09:37:02 am »
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2017, 02:56:17 pm »
The whole testing thing is ridiculous because.....

As the proud owner of a 5 month old kitten, I can vouch for the accuracy of that poster. This is when she is NOT in her 'clear the desk' or 'destroy that roll of paper towels' mode:

Brian
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2017, 04:58:32 pm »

As the proud owner of a 5 month old kitten, I can vouch for the accuracy of that poster. This is when she is NOT in her 'clear the desk' or 'destroy that roll of paper towels' mode:

Brian

When our cats were young they would jump on the bathroom vanity counter ... and turn on the water  :o

So I switched the faucet handles from:

to:

... and that leverage reduction worked!  8)

Wow ... cat thread ... well, that's about as good as a flat earth thread.

Offline mikeyw64

• Arena
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2017, 02:35:24 am »
curious, wonder why you chaps haven't changed the spelling to "fawset" ;)

And anyways what's wrong with calling them taps :)

When our cats were young they would jump on the bathroom vanity counter ... and turn on the water  :o

So I switched the faucet handles from:

to:

... and that leverage reduction worked!  8)

Wow ... cat thread ... well, that's about as good as a flat earth thread.
--
space reserved for humourous sig file