Author Topic: The Future of th C14  (Read 15226 times)

Offline O.C.

Re: The Future of th C14
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2017, 03:29:55 am »
Here's a review, which may be the first......its stunning, but I would need to be 15-20 years younger ....ahhhhhh halcyon days  ;)       

https://youtu.be/iLajTDUEjEA?t=59┬
CARPE DIEM

KLZ 1000 GT SE ..GREEN

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2017, 04:41:02 am »
Slick! I would have to see one in the flesh but I think that is a workable chassis for a distance bike.

Brian

Here's a review, which may be the first......its stunning, but I would need to be 15-20 years younger ....ahhhhhh halcyon days  ;)       

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline olie

« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2017, 11:08:59 am »
Slick! I would have to see one in the flesh but I think that is a workable chassis for a distance bike.

Brian

+1... if Kawa makes a Versys H2 version like they did with the N1k vs V1k, I will be in... very doable!!

After changing the oem tires, my V1k is growing on me... not perfect... but a "VH2" oh yeah !!!
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 11:57:20 am by olie »
13 Blue Connie, 8/4/2013
16 Green Versys 1k
11 Red Vette

Offline blue14

• Arena
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2017, 11:21:28 am »

Brian

Brian show the picture of the H2SX loaded two up to your wife and let me know if it's a workable chassis for long distance.
2010 C14, 2007 ZX14,  2004 KTM 300SXC

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2017, 12:36:13 pm »
Tend to agree...
"LOCTITE┬«"  The original thread locker...  #11  2016 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! 2008 C14 Moved on to a new home.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2017, 01:33:09 pm »
Why? Is my wife in charge of motorcycle chassis suitability for different tasks or something?

:-)

Brian

Brian show the picture of the H2SX loaded two up to your wife and let me know if it's a workable chassis for long distance.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2017, 01:35:31 pm »
You think my wife is in charge of motorcycle chassis styles too? Did I miss something? Was there a vote and she got herself elected..... to be the authority on motorcycles or something?

I am going to have to have a chat with her because if she really does wield that kind of 'juice', maybe she can get enough changes made to an FJR to make it more attractive and I might buy one.

Brian

Tend to agree...

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2017, 01:43:02 pm »
Yes.  She was promoted a month ago.  The vote was unanimous.
"LOCTITE┬«"  The original thread locker...  #11  2016 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! 2008 C14 Moved on to a new home.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2017, 02:24:27 pm »
You should really talk with your wife more.
Thank God for good men willing to do extreme violence.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2017, 03:03:35 pm »
Said no one who has been married for more than 35 minutes.....

:rotflmao:

Brian

You should really talk with your wife more.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2017, 03:05:54 pm »
And the salary is, weekly? Monthly? I can see this working out.

Brian

Yes.  She was promoted a month ago.  The vote was unanimous.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2017, 03:27:16 pm »
She didn't want a salary..   She did want a new car and we told her you would buy it.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2017, 03:50:24 pm »

Interesting/thanks, but 11 min video with very little info.  Mostly just someone riding it, saying it is fast and he likes it.   I guess we can't expect much this early.

This quote is telling:  "For sport touring, I think the only thing you are going to care about is the extra lighting, the heated grips, and color display..."  showing, he really doesn't know much about what many of us DO care about with sport touring, or he just didn't want to talk about what was missing....  C14- storage of full helmets in the panniers, rear rack (and ability for top box), shaft drive, large and electric windscreen, better range, larger fairings, longer wheelbase, passenger room, peg placement, warranty, grip height, tpms, glovebox.  For me, the only think I like on the H2SX over the C14, other than the power, are the cornering lights and cruise.

Would love to see a video review of the H2SX done by someone who rides and understands the C14.  Perhaps one will come.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 05:15:51 pm by maxtog »
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2017, 04:41:40 pm »
What a coincidence! I was just going to do that anyway!

http://play.matchbox.com/en_US/

Brian

She didn't want a salary..   She did want a new car and we told her you would buy it.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2017, 07:37:32 pm »
I'm thinking she wants something larger (EASY BOYS).