Author Topic: Stupid is as stupid does  (Read 33922 times)

Offline connie_rider

Re: Stupid is as stupid does
« Reply #140 on: April 02, 2020, 07:15:17 PM »
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Ride safe, Ted

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #141 on: April 05, 2020, 08:19:33 AM »
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

Offline Rubber_Snake

• Arena
  • 2009 GTR1400 ABS, Black
« Reply #142 on: April 05, 2020, 09:43:52 AM »
https://youtu.be/GJDdwaeqgaI
Thank you for the laughs!  Some nasty headers, though.  OOF!
2009 GTR 1400 ABS, 48k miles, AMSOIL synthetic 10W-40 (since new), AMSOIL synthetic 75W-90 final drive (since new). Helibar Horizons, Oxford heated grips, V-Stream windscreen, Mountain Runner Flash, Brian’s low fuel eliminator farkle, ST2 smart brake module and smart turn system, Two Brothers Black Series M5 w/P1X decibel killer.

Offline Boomer

• Wickford, UK
    • Boomers GTR Site
« Reply #143 on: April 06, 2020, 03:41:33 AM »
Didja notice that most of those were teenagers. It's been a while since I felt that immortal.  :rotflmao: :nuts:
George "Boomer" Garratt
Wickford, UK

Offline Conrad

« Reply #144 on: September 07, 2020, 07:18:14 AM »
WTF is wrong with people? Damn attention whores!!!!

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/07/us/california-fire-el-dorado-gender-reveal-trnd/index.html

A gender reveal sparked a wildfire in California that's grown to 7,000 acres

As multiple wildfires burn in California, one of the fires was started during a gender-reveal party, officials said.

A "smoke generating pyrotechnic device" used at the party caused the El Dorado Fire in San Bernardino County, Cal Fire said in a press release.

The fire started Saturday at 10:23 a.m. at the El Dorado Ranch Park in Yucaipa and spread from the park north on to Yucaipa Ridge, according to the release.

It has since grown to 7,050 acres as of early Monday morning, the Cal Fire incident website shows.

Evacuations have been ordered for the communities of Oak Glen, Yucaipa Ridge, Mountain Home Village and Forest Falls. An evacuation warning is in effect for the Yucaipa bench area and Yucaipa Community Center is being used as a temporary evacuation facility, according to Cal Fire.

More than 500 personnel have been deployed to the fire, along with 60 engines and four helicopters, according to the website.

Overnight weather is expected to remain hot and dry with a relative humidity of 20%, San Bernardino National Forest said in it's evening update on the fire. Winds will also continue at three to five miles per hour with gust up to 10 miles per hour, resulting in "active fire behavior throughout the night."

No charges have been announced in the blaze.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #145 on: September 07, 2020, 07:40:03 AM »
Hey Conrad, you left us hanging! What WAS the gender?

:-)

Brian
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Conrad

« Reply #146 on: September 07, 2020, 07:53:25 AM »
Hey Conrad, you left us hanging! What WAS the gender?

:-)

Brian

I suppose at this point that MAYBE someone cares, not me. Another child born to idiot parents.

Please pardon my language.

:rotflmao:

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #147 on: September 07, 2020, 08:43:06 AM »
Unfortunately, stupid people do stupid things, and that is likely to continue.  What is more unfortunate is the lack of preparing for and prevention of what is, certainly, inevitable.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Conrad

« Reply #148 on: September 07, 2020, 09:00:49 AM »
Unfortunately, stupid people do stupid things, and that is likely to continue.  What is more unfortunate is the lack of preparing for and prevention of what is, certainly, inevitable.

I believe that it's fairly difficult/impossible to prepare for every instance of stupidity and stupid behavior. Just when you think that you're prepare for idiocy along comes a more idiotic idiot to throw a wrench into the works.   

Case in point. Look at what's happening today in this country. Who could have anticipated and prepared for this?

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #149 on: September 07, 2020, 09:32:16 AM »
Case in point. Look at what's happening today in this country. Who could have anticipated and prepared for this?

Well I guess it depends on what exactly/specifically that is happening in this country that you are referring to. If it is the pandemic..then....

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/obama-pandemic-playbook/

I've probably steered this thread into the sword's direction...but honestly I was just trying to answer Mr. C's question.
If this thread heads towards lock up, then my apologies to all  :'(, if not then thanks for everyone's restraint.  :thumbs:

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #150 on: September 07, 2020, 09:41:51 AM »
I believe that it's fairly difficult/impossible to prepare for every instance of stupidity and stupid behavior.

No truer words could be said.

Just when you think that you're prepare for idiocy along comes a more idiotic idiot to throw a wrench into the works.

What I was saying, more generically, is you have to treat the presence of stupid (or even "bad") people as a fact of nature.  They just happen- like lightening striking and causing a forest fire.  In the case of the CA fires, it seems like policies that prevented controlled burning and shunned electrical line maintenance have magnified the inherent problems tremendously.  It is true that someone irresponsibly creating a fire situation is bad, but we have to expect it WILL happen.  I am not, however, saying such individuals shouldn't face retribution for their lack of responsibility.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #151 on: September 07, 2020, 09:49:05 AM »
url=https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/obama-pandemic-playbook/]https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/obama-pandemic-playbook/[/url]

I've probably steered this thread into the sword's direction..

Quite possibly

If this thread heads towards lock up, then my apologies to all  :'(, if not then thanks for everyone's restraint.  :thumbs:

I will just choose not to address what appears to be the premise of the link (the topic or the source).  So, at least on my part, problem averted!

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #152 on: September 07, 2020, 02:11:36 PM »
Well, I have a saying....'People are basically stupid'.  I, of course, count myself in with these idiots at times.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #153 on: September 07, 2020, 02:36:20 PM »
I will just choose not to address what appears to be the premise of the link (the topic or the source).  So, at least on my part, problem averted!

Thanks max'  :-*, now if only pinkie can do the same.  :popcorn:

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #154 on: September 07, 2020, 04:13:39 PM »
You quoted Snopes (right up there with the SPLC)....why should I refrain from commenting on the use of a questionable and unreliable website? Don't be moving the cog doctrine of making a comment and whining when you get a response you don't like over here.

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #155 on: September 07, 2020, 05:09:47 PM »
You quoted Snopes (right up there with the SPLC)....why should I refrain from commenting on the use of a questionable and unreliable website? Don't be moving the cog doctrine of making a comment and whining when you get a response you don't like over here.

I try to move as little as possible from over there to here unless it's to help someone with a problem or an accessory install, and I try to do no whining at all (admittedly with varying success).
Still, ya did good pinkie  :thumbs:, I detect no swordable phrases in your response. Thanks. To be clear I wasn't trying to get anyone to refrain from commenting, just not wanting thread locking material posted because of me starting something....this may not be the arena but it isn't a campus safe zone either.  ::) ;)

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #156 on: September 07, 2020, 05:15:55 PM »
Where's my gold star?

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #157 on: September 07, 2020, 05:26:20 PM »
Where's my gold star?

I think I hear V'Jim is at the forge now hammerin' it out, but then again he might just be trying to start that injun..kinda sounds the same.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #158 on: September 07, 2020, 06:51:55 PM »
I think I hear V'Jim is at the forge now hammerin' it out, but then again he might just be trying to start that injun..kinda sounds the same.
;D

Marty, speaking of the cog, it looks like the new forum has a social credit thing going... a reaction score and keeping points. Is it anything like the chicoms system or can they vote you of their island now?

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #159 on: September 07, 2020, 10:20:57 PM »
;D

Marty, speaking of the cog, it looks like the new forum has a social credit thing going... a reaction score and keeping points. Is it anything like the chicoms system or can they vote you of[f] their island now?

I don't know, I've checked it out a bit to see how it looked but I didn't dig in very deep. You may have more time on it than I do.
Time will tell but if it is as you say...oh boy.  :facepalm:  That's all they ("we" since I'm a member/officer sorta) need is some ingrained points system
to define who walks on water and who's flash is better (based on fanboys offering up points instead of data). It may deserve a second one... :facepalm: