Author Topic: seeking advice on mounting a radar detector...how do you have yours mounted?  (Read 2527 times)

Offline kzz1king

I read and found Bluetooth transmitters that can be plugged into a radar detector.  I wonder how it would work to have it paired with the phone. If I could listen to maps or music on the phone and have the radar buzz in? I guess it works well with a sena but I don't want to go that route.
2010 CONCOURS
1974 Z-1

Online maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
The "old" Sena's, like the ones I just bought new a few years ago, can only link to one device at a time.  Extremely annoying- I can either talk on the intercom, or change modes manually and listen to the phone/music.  Supposedly this is somewhat fixed in newer models, so if you go that route and expect to link to a yet another device (radar detector), do some good research first (and let us know).

Other than that limitation, and the non-replaceable (AKA "built in obsolescence") battery, the Sena stuff is pretty nice.  Very good sound quality, very good range, good battery life, reliable.  Oh, the battery low indicator gives maybe a 30 second warning- just enough to tell someone "crap, bye"... that could be better.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, HID, helmet locks, Garmin Zumo 450, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,  Tourmaster Flex II

Offline freebird6

• In a big country...
\
Apparently they (radar detector detectors) are used successfully in Canada where radar detectors seem to be outright illegal.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radar_detector_detector

Brian

Yes they do.

We took a van of guys to go fishing in Canada. Speeds of 50 to 70 kph made one of the guys absolutely bonkers as someone had taught him how to calculate speed. He reaches down under his seat and pulls out the radar detector. Got tagged ....not for speeding but for having a detector. After the OPP officer discussed it with him he gave us the option of emptying the van and the trailer or handing over the detector. Once we got the driver to give it up the Officer had him walk to the front of the van....place the detector in front of the driver's side tire and instructed him to get back in and pull forward. Once we got the ticket and cleaned up the crushed detector (no littering in Ontario) he waved good bye and told us Happy Fishing.
2008 Concours
2007 Mean Streak
99 r1100rt

Offline Daytona_Mike

Mine hides itself so the OPP cant track it.
If you still have fuel in the tank, you are not lost yet
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle