Author Topic: Concours 14 ABS/Linked brakes lawsuit pending  (Read 18771 times)

Offline tjhess74

Re: Concours 14 ABS/Linked brakes lawsuit pending
« Reply #90 on: February 03, 2018, 09:55:24 am »
Guys, while many of you are astute observers and noticed quickly that this guy's story doesn't add up, you are all missing what's going on here. It's not spam, it's a scam. This post will get some money-starved person to contact his 'attorney' and say he has the same issue. The 'attorney' will agree and offer to include this person in the 'lawsuit'. In order to do so, the 'attorney' must be hired. This will require the transfer of funds to cover initial 'attorney' fees.  Person will then be out of that money because there is no lawsuit and there is no 'attorney'.

This is the classic scam with a slight twist. The more current one is a 'grandson' calling a grandmother claiming to be stuck in jail and needing thousands of dollars to get out. Works far too often.

My suggestion is to delete this thread, as it has potential to be dangerous to someone unsuspecting.
'08 C14 Steve's Flash Rocks!!!

The 'other' forum evicted me!

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #91 on: February 03, 2018, 10:27:35 am »
Guys, while many of you are astute observers and noticed quickly that this guy's story doesn't add up, you are all missing what's going on here.

On my behalf, I would say that I didn't miss it at all...  scam or spam, it has the same effect...

My suggestion is to delete this thread, as it has potential to be dangerous to someone unsuspecting.

Something I asserted a long time ago.  Locking it isn't good enough.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline mikeyw64

• Arena
« Reply #92 on: February 03, 2018, 10:32:57 am »
On my behalf, I would say that I didn't miss it at all...  scam or spam, it has the same effect...

Something I asserted a long time ago.  Locking it isn't good enough.

We don't need nannyng thanks :)

Anyways this is an interesting thread ;)
--
space reserved for humourous sig file

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #93 on: February 03, 2018, 10:36:30 am »
We don't need nannyng thanks :)

Sorry, riled up about it.  :)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #94 on: February 03, 2018, 10:46:32 am »
Well locally, we call them S---hawks. Not sure of the type, just the usual all- white seagull, about 2' to 3' wingspan. We do not have any black headed seagulls around here that I know of or have seen.

Now I have been told that one can rig a fishing line and hook with a worm, toss the worm and hook high into the sky and actually catch a seagull. Never tried it myself and it is unnecessarily cruel of course but still, it has a certain humorous value because gulls are SO VERY hated by most who live near or work on the water. Not only do they coat the entire world and everything in it with their droppings but they have this cute thing that they do to crack open shellfish by flying very high with them and dropping them onto rock clusters, then fly down and eat the innards of said shellfish. Now substitute the words "fiberglass boat" or "glass windshield" for rock cluster and it is easily seen why they are hated. And the damned things are more accurate than if they had a Norden bombsight!

Pests though they are, their eyesight and ability to react is extraordinary. Back in the olden' days, I used to quahog for money. Now freshly dug, a quahog (a hard- shelled clam local to RI and MA) is black with a very faint white or light gray line at the edge of the shells. One digs up about a gazillion rocks that look almost exactly like a quahog. Of course, all around and all over the boat are s---hawks, hoping to get fed, which they do when the quahogger throws the occasionally crab or similar back in: the gull grabs it before it is more than a food deep in the water. The gulls will also grab any quahog that is tossed into the water. But they never, ever go after the rocks. And I mean never. Smart, fast- thinking and acting birds that never, ever miss a real quahog and never, ever go after a quahog- looking rock that fools us humans every single time.

Brian

what sort of seagull was it ?

was it one of the flying rats aka a herring type gull or was it one of the more petite black headed type of seagull?
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #95 on: February 03, 2018, 01:30:45 pm »
Guys, while many of you are astute observers and noticed quickly that this guy's story doesn't add up, you are all missing what's going on here. It's not spam, it's a scam. This post will get some money-starved person to contact his 'attorney' and say he has the same issue. The 'attorney' will agree and offer to include this person in the 'lawsuit'. In order to do so, the 'attorney' must be hired. This will require the transfer of funds to cover initial 'attorney' fees.  Person will then be out of that money because there is no lawsuit and there is no 'attorney'.

This is the classic scam with a slight twist. The more current one is a 'grandson' calling a grandmother claiming to be stuck in jail and needing thousands of dollars to get out. Works far too often.

I would hope that anyone reading this would surmise that this may not be what it seems and not do something that stupid...   However, if they do then I guess there's one born every minute.
"LOCTITE┬«"  The original thread locker...  #11  2016 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! 2008 C14 Moved on to a new home.

Offline tjhess74

« Reply #96 on: February 03, 2018, 02:35:53 pm »
I agree that it should be obvious enough that it's a scam, but I'll say that it isn't unfortunately. The first couple of pages of this thread were dedicated to actually researching if this was a legit problem or not. So perhaps it's not that obvious, or the first couple of pages are our forum's suckers. Yes, suckers are born every minute, and there's a high likelihood that one or two type amongst us.  As 'entertaining' as it may be, there is an actual financial risk for someone to get sucked into this, yet we hold the power with the stroke of a button to prevent it, keep our forum clean, and show that there is no tolerance for this kind of trash.

All it takes is one newbie that doesn't quite understand how non-issue this really is, to make that contact to try to protect himself against Corporate America, only to get suckered...right here on our forum.  I've been in law enforcement long enough to know how devastating something like this can be.

Besides, you can sit and judge someone for being a sucker until you're blue in the face. Hopefully you still have that type of resolve when it happens to your elderly parent or good friend. Surely they wouldn't be stupid enough to fall for this...yet it happens every minute.
'08 C14 Steve's Flash Rocks!!!

The 'other' forum evicted me!

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #97 on: February 03, 2018, 03:26:35 pm »

Point taken, Tom.  However, I'm leaning more on the legit side now.

I'm taking a wait and see approach which means the thread stays open and in place unless I get overruled by the Grand Poohbah or the Axe Man.  I don't like throttling discussions if I can help it.  In my younger days, probably.   Now not so much.  Still a free forum.  7 pages on supposedly nothing....hmmm.   At least it's about the C14 so it's in the right board.

Well if we can get away from V'Jim's drinking habits (as fascinating as that is) just for a minute.

I've done a little online research and I think I've found it, to both of you that are still interested ( :) ) here is a link.

https://portal.monterey.courts.ca.gov/case/MTdDVjAwNDA1NA==#info
You'll need to click on the links on that page for more info.

So, because he answered my PM and the info these links provide, I'm of the opinion that, although it maybe in vain on his part,
I don't think it's BS or... what was that wonderful word..OH yes..."codswallop". Your opinions may continue to differ.

I now return you to V'Jim's drinking...and what else?....Ducks..yes I think it was Ducks.
"LOCTITE┬«"  The original thread locker...  #11  2016 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! 2008 C14 Moved on to a new home.

Offline lather

• And I think my spaceship knows which way to go...
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
« Reply #98 on: February 03, 2018, 08:51:01 pm »
I commend your decision to Jim to not censor. Freedom of speech is one thing that makes this forum better than (some) other  forum. Agree with mikey we don't need nannying. If an owner does have a similar complaint he can join the suit. If someone seeks tp gain from the suit without a legitimate complaint he deserves what he gets if it is a scam. As for this thread damaging the rep of the C14, it does just the opposite. One skeychy negative post from a newby versus many postives from long time owners.
Nothing worse than having your balls go missing.

Offline KawaC14

« Reply #99 on: February 20, 2018, 10:19:41 am »
Well, if ya want more information from someone to determine their intentions, attacking them out of the gate really isn't the best way. Seems like they have pretty much shut down communication on this forum so I guess we will never know. I tried to get more information via a PM with no response. I am curious.
Being politically correct, isn't politically correct.

Online fartymarty

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #100 on: February 20, 2018, 11:14:59 am »
Well I doubt we'll know anything more until March 6th, after which we may see more dates further ahead, or nothing. If nothing then I think we can surmise that they settled and that the settlement is confidential. If it is dismissed than I think we will see that on the court's website. Time will tell, but I still think it's legit...but going way back I thought Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and the tooth fairy were real...so there's that.

The lawyers involved:

Representing the OP ( Feral Cat) ---->  https://www.caconsumeradvocate.com/meet-attorney-howard-d-silver

Representing Kawasaki Motors Corp., U.S.A. ---->   https://www.wilsonelser.com/attorneys/ralph_w_robinson

......any ducks involved appear to be unrepresented at this time...AFLAC!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 05:29:31 pm by fartymarty »

Online fartymarty

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #101 on: February 20, 2018, 11:23:42 am »
Well, if ya want more information from someone to determine their intentions, attacking them out of the gate really isn't the best way.

I agree.

That happens frequently on other forums, usually not so much here. As elite as we are here, we're still human and fallible.  :-\

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #102 on: February 20, 2018, 11:33:23 am »
If I recall this is a state lawsuit concerning Cali's lemon law. Not really a national issue. Interesting but not earth shattering.
Thank God for good men willing to do extreme violence.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #103 on: February 20, 2018, 03:54:25 pm »
Well, if ya want more information from someone to determine their intentions, attacking them out of the gate really isn't the best way. Seems like they have pretty much shut down communication on this forum so I guess we will never know. I tried to get more information via a PM with no response. I am curious.

I can only really speak for my own posts- I didn't attack anyone, I simply pointed out that the supposition was probably wrong (implying there is some widespread problem) and said "I am not trying to dismiss or diminish what happened to you, but try to set a perspective."  If you then read the other postings on the first two pages- they are all similar, all asking questions and statements that correctly try to make sense of a posting that otherwise doesn't have much face validity (well, until the "ducks" nonsense).  To me, nothing that looks like an attack.  It wasn't until Man Of Blues posted, almost two days later (still with no followup information from the OP), before something hostile surfaced (but MOB does tend to do that sometimes).  And what he said is all probably correct, if not harshly delivered.  But I can certainly understand his frustration with something that looks like it could be construed as slander/liable.

Perhaps the reason he only posted once and doesn't respond is just validation that something is fishy- like the information is not accurate or exaggerated, or he is some clerk or someone who joined for the sole purpose of trying to drum up a case to sue over.   Or he is just selfish- here to get "support" but not to discuss or learn or really share anything that could help others.  Hard to say.  Marty said "Feral Cat" responded to a PM, which is something, but not much.

Even if it is legit, that still doesn't mean the circumstances of the original post are valid or make any sense.  One might read the entire thing as:

"OMG, I bought a bike and had problems!  Kawasaki can't fix the problems!!  I could have lost my life!!  Somehow they are all related so this is a design problem with the C14! Kawasaki admitted it- they even said ALL Concours before 2016 have issues.  Even all the police stopped using it because of this!!! You should spread the news to join or help my lawsuit with examples!"

Offline KawaC14

« Reply #104 on: February 21, 2018, 09:56:16 am »
Yes, I apologize,  "attack" is the wrong word. It wasn't a warm fuzzy kinda response to his post.  Perhaps he hasnt responded because they are busy in court. ???
Being politically correct, isn't politically correct.