Author Topic: MRA X-Creen Touring Windshield   (Read 1042 times)

Offline PH14

Re: MRA X-Creen Touring Windshield 
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2018, 12:01:43 pm »
Generally, back-pressure is not desired for any purpose (in this context).  If I understand correctly, it is an indication that airflow is not optimal- some of it is curling back behind the rider and pushing forward, rather than flowing smoothly around, behind, and away.  It is a type of turbulence that is not only annoying to the rider, but also destroys aerodynamics (leading to poorer performance, poor mileage, buffeting, fatigue, and limiting top speed).

Agreed. I found the back pressure with the stock 2009 windshield to be very fatiguing. It went away with the CalSci windshield. Back pressure is definitely something you do not want on a motorcycle.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2018, 12:51:37 pm »
Agreed. I found the back pressure with the stock 2009 windshield to be very fatiguing. It went away with the CalSci windshield. Back pressure is definitely something you do not want on a motorcycle.

The only time I have back pressure is when the regular windscreen is all the way down (stock 2nd gen).  And it can be pretty severe- my jacket actually squeezes me... the sucker is glued to my back and pressing me forward.  Interestingly, if I raise it just an inch, poof, the pressure is gone and the jacket relaxes.  Raising the screen a little seems to let just enough air in under the screen to change everything for some reason.  I don't understand how, but I am just glad it works.

I don't have the problem at all in the summer, because I switch to the cut-down windscreen and there is just air all over.
Guhl ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, HID, helmet locks, Garmin Zumo 450, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,  Tourmaster Flex II

Offline KawaC14

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2018, 08:47:44 pm »
(EZgirls) One mans' motorcyclist's blowing is another mans' sucking I guess. I always thought it was the wind blowing on my visor that cleared off the rain.
Being politically correct, isn't politically correct.

Offline KawaC14

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2018, 08:51:48 pm »
EZgirls) One mans' motorcyclist's blowing is another mans' sucking I guess. I always thought it was the wind blowing on my visor that cleared off the rain.

That's funny  8)
Being politically correct, isn't politically correct.