Author Topic: Cut down windscreen  (Read 23239 times)

Offline BrianM

Re: Cut down windscreen
« Reply #90 on: August 11, 2011, 05:28:22 am »
Mine, done on a laser printer, seems too narrow and the screw holes are so far off I'd be livid if I'd drilled them off the bike (I line it up on the bike, drill, put in 1 screw and repeat).  I even drew them on this last time cutting (yesterday) just to see  It's bad enough that I bought a 2nd piece of lexan to make the "finished" product once I get the screen short enough.  Right now, I'm level with the top of the front fairing and wondering if that's going to be low enough.

Offline potshotpanda

« Reply #91 on: August 11, 2011, 06:20:09 am »
I'm thinking about getting a piece of poster board and tracing the outline on that first and fitting it to the bike before cutting the lexan.  The dollar for the poster board would also make a good template to trace on the lexan. :stirpot:
Jeff Poston, Fitzwilliam, NH
2006 Concours "Matilda"
Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On - Jimmy Buffett

Offline kzz1king

« Reply #92 on: August 11, 2011, 01:58:27 pm »
Thats what I did when I got a rifle base. Worked great and know I have the pattern handy anytime I need it.

Wayne

I'm thinking about getting a piece of poster board and tracing the outline on that first and fitting it to the bike before cutting the lexan.  The dollar for the poster board would also make a good template to trace on the lexan. :stirpot:
2010 CONCOURS
1974 Z-1

Offline potshotpanda

« Reply #93 on: August 13, 2011, 08:01:23 pm »
Sure glad I didn't try to cut the lexan first.   My initial cut on the poster board was an unmitigated disaster.   Got to take the kids to camp tomorrow, so there's no effort going into the windshield project, but I'm going to give it another go on Monday (after a round of golf I've been promising myself all summer).
Jeff Poston, Fitzwilliam, NH
2006 Concours "Matilda"
Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On - Jimmy Buffett