Author Topic: New Models to Debut at AIMEXPO  (Read 2474 times)

Offline Poseidon

• Arena
Re: New Models to Debut at AIMEXPO
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2018, 06:24:26 am »
Simply adding parts or improvements to a bike doesn’t mean they will raise the price . Big business doesn’t price like a kid running a lemonade stand; they use market research to price.

Good luck with that! Kawasaki added a supercharger to a ZX10 and doubled the price. FJR1300 has the options everyone is talking about and it MSRPs at what, $2000 or $3000 more than the Concours? But you are probably right... the price shouldn’t go up. (Sarcasm - just in case you missed it)
2017 Concours 14
2016 Victory Magnum
2013 M109R
2016 Can Am Spyder F3T - Wife's bike

Offline MtnRider

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2018, 08:08:44 am »

My work car is a Honda Accord Touring. The adaptive part of the cruise control can not be turned off. You either use it as adaptive or not at all. It sucks!!!

Hijack alert: Poseidon,

I have a 2017 Accord Hybrid Touring and can turn off the ACC. The manual has a long list of when to not use it. I doubt that would have changed that much prior to or after the '17 model year. Here's a link to the '17 owners manual, go to page 449 for the ACC info. http://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/pubs/OM/AH/AT2A1717OM/enu/AT2A1717OM.PDF

Leo

Offline katata1100

« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2018, 09:47:55 am »
Good luck with that! Kawasaki added a supercharger to a ZX10 and doubled the price. FJR1300 has the options everyone is talking about and it MSRPs at what, $2000 or $3000 more than the Concours? But you are probably right... the price shouldn’t go up. (Sarcasm - just in case you missed it)

I won’t attempt to explain some basic microecon principles to you.  Yamaha prices their products where they are because that’s where they sell for maximum profit. There is a formula to describe it
but you’d probably not understand it.

Offline Poseidon

• Arena
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2018, 04:29:27 pm »
I won’t attempt to explain some basic microecon principles to you.  Yamaha prices their products where they are because that’s where they sell for maximum profit. There is a formula to describe it
but you’d probably not understand it.

Whatever makes you feel better buddy... that’s the beauty of the internet. You can pretend you are whoever you want to be and can make an ass... I mean assumptions about everyone else. Right?
2017 Concours 14
2016 Victory Magnum
2013 M109R

Offline Poseidon

• Arena
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2018, 04:32:22 pm »

I have a 2017 Accord Hybrid Touring and can turn off the ACC. The manual has a long list of when to not use it. I doubt that would have changed that much prior to or after the '17 model year. Here's a link to the '17 owners manual, go to page 449 for the ACC info. http://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/pubs/OM/AH/AT2A1717OM/enu/AT2A1717OM.PDF

Leo

Thanks! I’ll check it out. Mine is a 2016. I could be wrong, but I don’t think it can be turned off. I asked at the dealership and was told it couldn’t be. I’ll check my manual again to see it there is anything in it.
2017 Concours 14
2016 Victory Magnum
2013 M109R

Offline MtnRider

« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2018, 06:27:30 pm »
A '16 should be almost identical to a '17 (I think), the major redesign happened in '18. Page 460 of my manual says to press the "interval" button for one second to switch from ACC  to standard cruise control. The interval button is the right side of d-pad with set and resume functions just to the right of the center cancel button. The symbol is a car with some lines behind it. The dash display will change from "ACC" to "CRUISE MODE". Press the button again for one second and it goes back to ACC. I think the setting is persistent when restarting the car but I don't use the cruise much as I'm not on an open highway much so not 100% sure on that.

Just tapping that button changes between the 4 ACC car spacing interval settings; short, medium, long & extra long.

Leo
« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 08:57:05 am by MtnRider »

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2018, 08:18:06 pm »
Thanks! I’ll check it out. Mine is a 2016. I could be wrong, but I don’t think it can be turned off. I asked at the dealership and was told it couldn’t be. I’ll check my manual again to see it there is anything in it.

On my G37S, it requires holding the "on" button for like a ridiculous 3 seconds to change modes (adaptive off, short range, medium range, long range).  Otherwise (just pressing it normally/quickly), it defaults to all the laser-guided adaptive stuff "on" and at long range (which is REALLY long).  And it is not sticky, so it has to be done every single time.  Quite annoying.  But at least it is an option.  I would be surprised if you didn't have some type of "off".
Guhl ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, HID, helmet locks, Garmin Zumo 450, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,  Tourmaster Flex II

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2018, 06:56:45 am »
geez, talk about distracted driving....I wonder how we lived so long without all these geefaws and gadgets?
Thank God for good men willing to do extreme violence.

Offline MtnRider

« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2018, 02:52:55 pm »
geez, talk about distracted driving....I wonder how we lived so long without all these geefaws and gadgets?

Don't you realize, we weren't "living"! Were were just "existing"...   :stirpot: :rotflmao:

Real telephone operators, rotary phones, party lines! Oh the humanity!   :o ;D
Now that I've helped totally derail this thread.... :offtopic:

Offline Poseidon

• Arena
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2018, 06:16:47 pm »

Leo

This was the best hijack ever!!!

Thank you for the info! It worked! Pushed and held the button that adjusts the following distance and it switched over to “Cruise Mode”. Now my cruise control works correctly and doesn’t try to kill me! Lol

I can’t believe I didn’t see that section of the manual as many times as I’ve looked for a way to disable the adaptive part. I also can’t believe the service guys didn’t know how to do it when I asked.

Thanks again!
2017 Concours 14
2016 Victory Magnum
2013 M109R

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2018, 06:40:35 pm »
This was the best hijack ever!!!

Thank you for the info! It worked! Pushed and held the button that adjusts the following distance and it switched over to “Cruise Mode”. Now my cruise control works correctly and doesn’t try to kill me! Lol

I can’t believe I didn’t see that section of the manual as many times as I’ve looked for a way to disable the adaptive part. I also can’t believe the service guys didn’t know how to do it when I asked.

Thanks again!
 :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana
Fify
Do not try to live forever on this earth. You will not succeed.

Offline MtnRider

« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2018, 07:02:34 pm »
You're welcome. Glad it worked for you.   :D

Offline Poseidon

• Arena
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2018, 08:18:29 pm »
If anyone is interested, Kawasaki released the 2019 lineup today. There is a 2019 Concours. Looks like a new combination of the same colors they have used in the past with no other updates mentioned.

Here is a link to the full lineup for 2019.

https://m.kawasaki.com/experience/newfeaturedvehicles
2017 Concours 14
2016 Victory Magnum
2013 M109R

Offline katata1100

« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2018, 09:07:06 pm »
Not sure I like the paint scheme for the ‘19, id have to see in person .
But that 900 retro green cafe bike is gorgeous !

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2018, 09:17:05 pm »
Yay! I guess it will hang in there another year (along with the ZX14)!

LOL- it looks like they took the 2018, painted it to match the 2011 Atomic Silver but without the gloss, and swapped in a black gas tank and front partial fairing, then threw in the 2017/2018 green pinstripe.  Me thinks someone was torn between black and silver!  I am guessing nothing changed but color.  I can't say I like that color combination, but I don't hate it either.

https://www.kawasaki.com/products/2019-Concours-14-ABS?cm_re=MPP-_-PRODUCTTRIMLIST-_-VEHICLEDETAILS

So this gives them even more time to contemplate the creation of the next-generation Concours (while the non-North-Americans continue to lament the passing of the C14).
Guhl ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, HID, helmet locks, Garmin Zumo 450, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,  Tourmaster Flex II