Author Topic: Concours 14 Passive FOB replacement from locksmith  (Read 3486 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: Concours 14 Passive FOB replacement from locksmith
« Reply #90 on: November 10, 2018, 05:33:46 pm »
You know, it's possible I had two but I really don't remember having two keys.  As Max said, it could have been a dealer fu.
  "LOCTITE┬«"  The original thread locker...  #11  08-C14 EA FC ABS 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology (sold).  U.N.I.T is Back!  2016 Indian Roadmaster.

Offline Gabriel

• Near Galveston
« Reply #91 on: December 26, 2018, 07:02:06 pm »
Everybody probably thinks I abandoned this thread but I'm still working on it.
The locksmith tells me that there is no easy solution and one would have to be fabricated (more or less).
However he said he still has a couple of sources that are willing to tackle this job but I need to bring my fob back so he can get all the information from the internal components which I'm going to do in the next week or so. He's not real close and the weather is not good right now.
I'll be back!

Offline fartymarty

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #92 on: December 27, 2018, 10:07:29 am »
Everybody probably thinks I abandoned this thread but I'm still working on it.

Nah, we wouldn't think that...we knew you were busy installing new horns.   ;D

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #93 on: December 27, 2018, 09:23:25 pm »
my initial response, and continued responses, and hopes.. are at a point moot;  I would just ask you to let it sleep.. seriously, I don't wanna be Debbie Downer on this, but there is reasoning behind my suggestions...you personally are not going to break the code, and this guy who has no $$$$$$$ interest in it will neither... 10 years of production, and similar issues will tell the tale..... this guy isn't a Guru, nor will he miraculously pull this outta his butt.

face reality, put this to sleep, and we all agree to disagree... (silently in the back ground)

all I can say is what I've said before... it ain't happening.

30 YEARS OF KAW.....

Offline Conrad

« Reply #94 on: December 29, 2018, 06:02:33 am »

I don't think so, Max.  I only think they came with one key, but that was 11 years ago and my mind isn't what it once was.   If any of the gen1 original owners got two keys with the two fobs let me know.

Two large active fobs and two keys, plus the stove knob key, included with my 08.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #95 on: December 29, 2018, 08:50:29 am »
Two large active fobs and two keys, plus the stove knob key, included with my 08.
same here
Thank God for good men willing to do extreme violence.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #96 on: December 30, 2018, 03:54:35 pm »
having just gone thru this last week, with a fellow on the COG forum, that bought a bike with a destroyed ignition lock, and NO keys whatsoever, but he did manage to find a brand new "old stock" ECU/FOB set, for like $300.. (yes, he was extremely lucky on that one...)
the locks and keys, sold in a "group" are under this part number (Note: this is not including FOBs and ECU...)

see below;

the parts "grouping" that covers that complete set of locks, with keys; (ignition switch, gastank lockset,both bag latch/lock assemblies, and seat lock: with 2 keys for each except 1 for the ignition, all keyed alike) is 
p/n    27045-5395 SWITCH-ASSY and costs $1150, but mind you, that set also includes both saddlebag latch assemblies, with keys..

just tossed it here for reference...because it keeps coming up.

30 YEARS OF KAW.....