Author Topic: Intake Cam Question  (Read 592 times)

Offline Mettler1

Re: Intake Cam Question
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2018, 10:18:03 am »
  I bought Sisfs' torque cams and was impressed!! ;D  A lot smoother all around and they last a whole lot longer. I would have to say your cams are the worst I have seen!! My original cams were pitted but not as bad as yours.  :'(
'94 Concours 112,000 miles-- 7th gear,2MM,KB fork brace,Over flowtubes,Stick coils,Tcro shifter,GPS,Torque cams,SPOOKFAK,block off plates, SS brake & clutch lines,KB risers, FENDA EXTENDA, emulators,etc

Offline bigdt73

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2018, 11:39:38 pm »
Update:  Sorry for the delayed responses.  I found a decent cam in one of the boxes of spare parts that I had in the garage.  It was in much better shape with almost no wear on the lobes.  As was suggested, I checked the followers and a couple of them showed excessive wear.  I also had a few spare followers that were in much better shape so I replaced them as well.  Next up is the valve clearance check and adjustment that opened this can of worms lol.

Thank you to everyone (especially MOB) for their input and suggestions.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2018, 03:55:37 pm »
 :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :banana

30 YEARS OF KAW.....

Offline RFH87_Connie

• Arena
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2018, 11:37:04 am »
I have a set of used cams in great condition I could sell if anyone decides they need them.  They came from my other '87.  Shipping might be a little high because of the weight.
“I can truly say I had rather be at home at Mount Vernon with a friend or two about me, than to be attended at the seat of government by the officers of State and the representatives of every power of Europe.” - George Washington