Author Topic: Not a bad deal  (Read 452 times)

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
Re: Not a bad deal
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2018, 05:28:58 pm »
"Advertised pricing excludes applicable taxes title and licensing, dealer set up, destination, reconditioning and are subject to change without notice. Pricing may exclude any added parts, accessories or installation unless otherwise noted. "

They could have one, that is magically not available.  I have seen that happen many times on car dealerships (loss leaders and/or bait-and-switch).  Or add thousands in misc "fees" and "services"- although I wonder how much they could get away with before Kawasaki would take notice.

I mean, it is "last-year's model" at this point (since 2019's are out)...  And Kawasaki does throw incentive (which is usually 5% to 7% or something for the first year, from what I have seen).  But we are still in 2018 and 35% below MSRP seems impossible.

you are, in fact, correct.... they only have ONE there for sale, they have multiples of other models tho, when perusing the "showroom" lists... also, only one H2 leftover at reduced price... again, bait, and switch...

30 YEARS OF KAW.....

Offline Poseidon

• Arena
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2018, 05:36:22 pm »
In some cases, dealerships get kickbacks and incentives based on high volume for a particular manufacturer. If the volume is high enough the manufacturer incentives for a dealer that moves a lot of bikes is enough for them to not worry about what they make, or in some cases even small losses because the incentives more than make up for it. I know Romney Cycles does this with Suzuki.

It is possible that this dealer is either at that volume of sales, or is at least trying be with aggressive pricing. Realistically, $9999 is not that far off what other dealers are selling C14’s for. Ultimate had a 2017 priced at $11,100 + TTL and fees early in 2018. That is only a $1101 difference.

Sales tax is high in Illinois. The dealer could be trying to keep the pricing competitive to get more business from both in and out of state customers.
2017 Concours 14
2016 Victory Magnum
2013 M109R
2016 Can Am Spyder F3T - Wife's bike

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2018, 05:46:47 pm »
Same dealer owns a Honda dealership here in town. If someone is seriously interested, not just curious, I could run it down.
Thank God for good men willing to do extreme violence.

Offline katata1100

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2018, 07:51:56 pm »
Don’t forget to add dealer prep, shipping, marketing fee, enormous document fee, etc.
As for the noise with a reflash, I read a review on the zx14 years ago and it said that one of the reasons for keeping the secondary flies closed was to meet noise regulations .

Offline PlaynInPeoria

« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2018, 11:58:55 am »
I don't see anything on that listing that says it is new or any mileage....  That is quite an amazing price for an almost current year, if it is new.  The dealer would likely be losing significant money.   I paid $16k for mine (OTD), and the current list (NOT OTD) is $15,600.

It's new, we talked on the phone.
2012 "root beer" C14 - unlinked brakes, reflash, LED headlights, Walmart orange city lights, LOUD horn, Laam seat, radar detector for ahem, reasons.
2013 Aprilia Tuono, 2009 CRF-150F

Offline PlaynInPeoria

« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2018, 12:01:44 pm »
My 2012 was listed at 12k, that's why I bought it.  Fees were typical, tax, license, doc fee and a $420 setup fee.  When I talked to them about the 18, same deal.  They're legit, based on my 1 data point.
2012 "root beer" C14 - unlinked brakes, reflash, LED headlights, Walmart orange city lights, LOUD horn, Laam seat, radar detector for ahem, reasons.
2013 Aprilia Tuono, 2009 CRF-150F