Author Topic: Under mirror mount AUX light.. aesthetics ?  (Read 842 times)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: Under mirror mount AUX light.. aesthetics ?
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2018, 03:22:04 pm »
The pictures are up on the other site: http://forum.cog-online.org/accessories-c14/my-diy-aux-light-mirror-mounts/

"(Sorry, but you are not allowed to access the gallery)"

:)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, HID, helmet locks, Garmin Zumo 450, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,  Tourmaster Flex II

Offline MtnRider

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2018, 03:52:28 pm »
I've had a set of PIAA 1100X halogen driving lights sitting in the garage for about 4 years since pulling them off my WRX that was being traded in. They were on it about 10 years. So I know I like them. Seeing as how my farkle budget is all but nonexistent, I had to go the cheap err, inexpensive DIY route for a mirror mount & reuse the old halogens rather than buy new LED lamps. Here are the results:

They are more yellow than the bike's LEDs... And looks like I need to lower that right one. But I like how the repainted 1100Xs blend in with the bike, they were originally silver. I haven't ridden it yet. Hope it doesn't generate a whistle.                Oh wait, "Loud pipes mirror mounts save lives!"    :D :
The pieces parts:
Template & raw parts
Painted parts
2 views of the plate mounted

Leo

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2018, 08:55:53 pm »
Seeing as how my farkle budget is all but nonexistent, I had to go the cheap err, inexpensive DIY route for a mirror mount & reuse the old halogens rather than buy new LED lamps.

I was kinda shocked by the Denali prices.  I thought they would have gone down a lot, now that LED is no longer "special".  Ha!
Shoodaben (was Guhl) ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, HID, helmet locks, Garmin Zumo 450, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,  Tourmaster Flex II