Author Topic: Cafe Build of a C10  (Read 1933 times)

Offline Rubber_Snake

• 2009 GTR1400 ABS, Black
Re: Cafe Build of a C10
« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2020, 08:49:45 am »
got word that Steve is back among the living and has my carbs in progress.  in the mean time, I made HUGE progress this week with the addition below.  Those new horns really HONK!

Sweet aren't they....I know you wanna say so.

Glad to hear about Steve. 

Quick question, did either of you have to install a relay for these horns?  I’d like to get something louder for my C14.

Ray
2009 GTR 1400 ABS, 48k miles, AMSOIL synthetic 10W-40 (since new), AMSOIL synthetic 75W-90 final drive (since new). Helibar Horizons, Oxford heated grips, V-Stream windscreen, Mountain Runner Flash, Brian’s low fuel eliminator farkle, ST2 smart brake module and smart turn system, Two Brothers Black Series M5 w/P1X decibel killer.

Offline gpineau

• I am an organ donor
    • Things that keep me busy
« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2020, 09:21:39 am »

Quick question, did either of you have to install a relay for these horns?  I’d like to get something louder for my C14.

Ray
I didn't add a relay. I just connected to the existing horn wires.
2 Connies, 2 Magnas, 1 Yamaha Vstar 950 Touring.
https://motostuff.shutterfly.com/pictures

Offline sport rider

« Reply #47 on: February 14, 2020, 12:25:20 pm »
We seem to be following the same path. Mine looks just like yours.  I got mine from Amazon and they are loud. I bet I used the same bolts on the front to hold them on.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01C8F0AUY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Looking forward to you getting your carbs back.

No...mine were only 11 bucks on ebay.  Saved that extra 3 dollars for gas.   :banana

Offline sport rider

« Reply #48 on: February 14, 2020, 12:26:58 pm »
Glad to hear about Steve. 

Ray

mine were just plug and play as well.  Nicole from the COG club was doing a set of horns for C14s.  You might want to look into getting her honkers.  ;)