Author Topic: Cafe Build of a C10  (Read 5234 times)

Offline sport rider

Re: Cafe Build of a C10
« Reply #75 on: April 03, 2020, 08:31:10 am »
didn't get a key, but I've since swapped out the ignition and tank cap for a parts bike I bought.  Had a local locksmith make a copy of that so have two available.  :)

Offline sport rider

« Reply #76 on: April 13, 2020, 08:53:38 am »
Here's semi-final recap of the bike.  it's as far as I want to take it for now.  going to take some time to ride and enjoy it.

1998 Kawasaki Concours. front end is from a 1999 ZRX1100. clip on bars, mirrors, headlight and speedo are aftermarket. Tank is from a 1985 ZX900R. Rear wheel is from a 2002 Kawasaki Meanstreak. rear brake rotor from Nomad 1500. Footpegs are from a Concours 14. Seat is a ZX900r grafted to the stock 98 Concours seat pan with a custom cover. Rear end and cowl are custom built. exhaust is a custom 4-2-1.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #77 on: April 13, 2020, 10:50:35 am »
Here's semi-final recap of the bike.  it's as far as I want to take it for now.  going to take some time to ride and enjoy it.

1998 Kawasaki Concours. front end is from a 1999 ZRX1100. clip on bars, mirrors, headlight and speedo are aftermarket. Tank is from a 1985 ZX900R. Rear wheel is from a 2002 Kawasaki Meanstreak. rear brake rotor from Nomad 1500. Footpegs are from a Concours 14. Seat is a ZX900r grafted to the stock 98 Concours seat pan with a custom cover. Rear end and cowl are custom built. exhaust is a custom 4-2-1.

Nice job man...
I suggest a quick safety mod tho,, as I've chewed thru hoses from having them contact the fairing plastic even...
take a 4" long piece of 1/4" rubber hose, slit it lengthwise, and slip it in place on that sharp front edge seam on the tank, where the radiator hose is rubbing...

ride safe, and enjoy it for a while

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline sport rider

« Reply #78 on: April 13, 2020, 12:22:26 pm »
Nice job man...
I suggest a quick safety mod tho,, as I've chewed thru hoses from having them contact the fairing plastic even...
take a 4" long piece of 1/4" rubber hose, slit it lengthwise, and slip it in place on that sharp front edge seam on the tank, where the radiator hose is rubbing...

ride safe, and enjoy it for a while

thanks for saving me from myself!  I just went and took a look.  there is about 1/4 inch clearance on the C10 tank, but the ZX900R tank is actually pressing on the hose.  I'll fix this right away!

Offline kkja13

« Reply #79 on: April 13, 2020, 12:40:54 pm »
Looks great Sports Rider, I really like the tank!

Offline gpineau

• I am an organ donor
    • Things that keep me busy
« Reply #80 on: April 13, 2020, 07:29:30 pm »
Looks great. Ready to ride?

I'm ready but we are still under stay at home orders. Plus its snowing outside.

2 Connies, 2 Magnas, 1 Yamaha Vstar 950 Touring.
https://motostuff.shutterfly.com/pictures

Offline sport rider

« Reply #81 on: April 13, 2020, 07:49:26 pm »
no snow here.  hoping to get out and ride a bit sometime this week or over the weekend.  poor bikes are sitting in the garage covered in pollen.   :'(

Offline connie_rider

« Reply #82 on: April 14, 2020, 08:33:12 am »
I want a recording of a ride by, so we can hear it roar.

Ride safe, Ted

Offline gpineau

• I am an organ donor
« Reply #83 on: May 03, 2020, 12:25:34 pm »
Do you have the stock handle bars on your bike?
The bars on mine have been change to straight and level with the forks. I'm sure the previous owner did that to make you lean down behind the wind shield in a true racer position.

But it is a real pain to ride.  I have to lean forward to reach them and  it is very uncomfortable.  I cant ride for more that 30 minutes then my back gives out.   

Offline sport rider

« Reply #84 on: May 04, 2020, 08:19:15 am »
Do you have the stock handle bars on your bike?
The bars on mine have been change to straight and level with the forks. I'm sure the previous owner did that to make you lean down behind the wind shield in a true racer position.

But it is a real pain to ride.  I have to lean forward to reach them and  it is very uncomfortable.  I cant ride for more that 30 minutes then my back gives out.

are you looking for stock C10 bars?  I think I have some and may have risers too.

Offline gpineau

• I am an organ donor
« Reply #85 on: May 04, 2020, 10:47:07 am »
are you looking for stock C10 bars?  I think I have some and may have risers too.

OOPS !. I should have asked here first but I just bought some off ebay. Came to $48.00.
I thought about swapping out with my other C10 but then it would be uncomfortable to ride. 

Actually I am thinking of selling my other C10 and keeping this one. Since I lowered it, it is a little easier for me to handle. I can actually do a U-turn without stopping with this one. The  other one I have to tiptoe and walk it through a U-turn. Maybe if I lowered it too then I would have two keepers.  I have 4 bikes sitting here and my wife is wanting me to downsize. It's hard to decide what to keep.

If you have risers can you post a photo?

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #86 on: May 04, 2020, 03:53:40 pm »
OOPS !. I should have asked here first but I just bought some off ebay. Came to $48.00.
I thought about swapping out with my other C10 but then it would be uncomfortable to ride. 

Actually I am thinking of selling my other C10 and keeping this one. Since I lowered it, it is a little easier for me to handle. I can actually do a U-turn without stopping with this one. The  other one I have to tiptoe and walk it through a U-turn. Maybe if I lowered it too then I would have two keepers.  I have 4 bikes sitting here and my wife is wanting me to downsize. It's hard to decide what to keep.

Are you deciding between the bikes or the wife?   :)
Thank God for good men willing to do extreme violence.

Offline sport rider

« Reply #87 on: May 07, 2020, 01:54:49 pm »

sorry...no risers.  must have already given them to someone.  :(