Author Topic: Windshield deflector  (Read 2144 times)

Offline Gabriel

• Near Galveston
Re: Windshield deflector
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2019, 06:50:06 pm »
So it's ok to download a pdf of the overpriced FSM.  8)
Well that would be stealing right? I did not steal my visor. as a matter of fact i paid 20 bucks more than the price now

Offline Gabriel

• Near Galveston
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2019, 06:53:38 pm »
having installed and used the Laminar Lip product, since I bought my C14 in '07, which I bought used from someone, IIRC it cost me $30... I would say I have no issue with buying the China version like you got, for a low price, on EBay...

I think MRA could sell the product for half what they priced it at, and still reap a 200% profit margin, I'm tired of vendors making prices like they do, thinking they are "selling gold"... screw them.

at $200+ for a clear, they can munch my undies....
https://www.twistedthrottle.com/mra-variotouring-screen-windshield-for-kawasaki-concours-gtr1400-08

I think that price is for the whole shield and visor, however that shield is too small and you still get a lot of buffeting. Their bolt on visor is still over 100 bucks...

it's a free enterprise system, and capitalism has it's rewards...

semper fi.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2019, 06:56:56 pm »
 That response was for Rich's benefit. But you paid for a ripped off copy? Is that so different?
Thank God for good men willing to do extreme violence.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2019, 07:03:37 pm »
So it's ok to download a pdf of the overpriced FSM.  8)

sure... just don't post a link to it on a COG owned website...

I have no issue with either...

Hell, I smoked pot when I was a kid... never lied about it... like former presidents did...
helll, I INHALED the stuff...
ran with scissors, drank and drove (bad choice, never ever do that, I never will again), cursed in church, jay walked, carried firearms concealed, before it was "ok" to do so... helll, I ripped those tags off every mattress I've ever slept on...

poke a stick in someones eye...pour gasoline on the ground, and light it.... it feels good once and a while...  :hitfan: :1DeadBanana :1DeadBanana :stirpot: :stirpot: :hitfan: :hitfan: :deadhorse: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

30 YEARS OF KAW.....

Offline Gabriel

• Near Galveston
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2019, 07:07:43 pm »
That response was for Rich's benefit. But you paid for a ripped off copy? Is that so different?
I had/have no idea it was a rip off, but I have to say that with that bead that runs all around I would rather have the one I bought.
How do you know that this "rip off" company was not there first???
I'll say to you what i have already said here, good luck on figuring out who what where when and how a product comes to market.
I just buy what I want where i want and I will always try to by American. MRA is an over priced German product in my opinion and I have bought a lot of MRA products. One is posted right in this thread

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2019, 07:19:37 pm »
but I never messed with An adrenal gland, .....\

https://youtu.be/TaHbuaED5Tw

??? :'( :'( ;D 8)

30 YEARS OF KAW.....

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2019, 07:30:08 pm »
I had/have no idea it was a rip off, but I have to say that with that bead that runs all around I would rather have the one I bought.
How do you know that this "rip off" company was not there first???
I'll say to you what i have already said here, good luck on figuring out who what where when and how a product comes to market.
I just buy what I want where i want and I will always try to by American. MRA is an over priced German product in my opinion and I have bought a lot of MRA products. One is posted right in this thread

actually, that "bead" is beneficial in 2 respects, and I like it from the perspectives;
it stiffens the product, and provides a stronger split free edge, while also forcing any water up against it till the "droplet" can be formed, and then flows away up and over the lip, in a controlled manner... nice touch. My Laminar Lip add on, does not have that, and as a result, torrential rain, simply waashes up and over into my face, and face shield... continuously...  I slipped a piece of clear sheet metal "edge guard material" from a bin at work, over the top edge to make that happen... worked well...
as for Gary, goading me on about FSM theft and such, I just consider the source, and know he's just jerking my chain... it's all good.

peace out, and ride safe you crazy kids.

30 YEARS OF KAW.....

Offline olie

« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2019, 09:21:41 pm »
the Chinese Ebay visor seems to be this upper visor shown with the windshield ... check the price !!!

https://www.twistedthrottle.com/mra-x-creen-tour-windshield-for-kawasaki-concours-gtr1400-08-14
13 Blue Connie, 8/4/2013
16 Green Versys 1k
11 Red Vette

Offline Gabriel

• Near Galveston
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2019, 09:23:35 pm »
the Chinese Ebay visor seems to be this upper visor shown with the windshield ... check the price !!!

https://www.twistedthrottle.com/mra-x-creen-tour-windshield-for-kawasaki-concours-gtr1400-08-14

It's not, look at the third post it matches the one you have linked here. It was on my 09 c14

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2019, 04:42:41 am »
You know, I'm thinking out loud here..  It might be better to discuss the merits or deficiencies of knockoffs or copyright violations in a new post in the Open area rather than cluttering up this post with that debate.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  08-C14 EA FC ABS 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology (sold).  U.N.I.T is Back!  2016 Indian Roadmaster.

Offline Gabriel

• Near Galveston
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2019, 04:51:06 am »
You know, I'm thinking out loud here..  It might be better to discuss the merits or deficiencies of knockoffs or copyright violations in a new post in the Open area rather than cluttering up this post with that debate.

I get it, sometimes I wonder why I even bother to post. I thought I would share what I found but like most forums I usually just get trolled to death over something completely unrelated...I just don't get it.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2019, 04:53:02 am »
Yeah, it's the same everywhere and in every forum I'm in.  You must endeavour to endure.  ;) :)
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  08-C14 EA FC ABS 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology (sold).  U.N.I.T is Back!  2016 Indian Roadmaster.

Offline fartymarty

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2019, 08:30:02 am »
Yeah, you missed it somehow?
This is a blow up of one of the pictures from the link in the second post. Looks like a rim to me???

Yes it does, I went out and "looked" at mine again this time using the braille method of looking and and this time I "saw" the rim. Mine is on the inside and it wasn't visible with a quick glance from the front or side at least not on the tinted version. I'm not sure it's all that ugly, but then I hardly ever wash my bike so I'm probably not one to listen to when it comes to windshield aesthetics.
Thanks for the clarification Gabriel.  :thumbs:

Offline philipintexas

• Phils Farkels
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2019, 05:03:10 pm »
Gabriel: Thanks for the informative post, I need something exactly like that for my Yamaha Scooter. Don’t want to pay an arm & leg, so this might be just right.
Need a better luggage rack?  www.philsfarkels.com

Offline Gabriel

• Near Galveston
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2019, 05:05:43 pm »
Gabriel: Thanks for the informative post, I need something exactly like that for my Yamaha Scooter. Don’t want to pay an arm & leg, so this might be just right.
It's really cheap right now, I may buy a spare?