Author Topic: Forced Maintenance Outage  (Read 690 times)

Online VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: Forced Maintenance Outage
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2019, 03:14:08 pm »
 :thumbs:   That JB weld is good stuff.  Carry it with me all the time on rides.
  "LOCTITE┬«"  The original thread locker...  #11  08-C14 EA FC ABS 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology (sold).  U.N.I.T is Back!  2016 Indian Roadmaster.

Offline Tree

• 21 Year Submarine Veteran - GO NAVY!
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2019, 10:03:13 am »
:thumbs:   That JB weld is good stuff.  Carry it with me all the time on rides.

While I complete this current maintenance outage I have a question.  Perhaps it would be better to go looking for an answer but I am curious (RIGHT NOW ;D) and I need to satisfy my Ego, ID, or some other obscure psychological need.

Since you mentioned JB Weld (the greatest gift to Humankind) I am curious to know what else we consider riding around with "just in case".  You know, what is in/on the bike for the inevitable"unplanned roadside stopover"?
If God should charge you what you owe,

You would always be in debt.

Offline Tree

• 21 Year Submarine Veteran - GO NAVY!
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2019, 10:06:08 am »
OK.  Almost done.  I just have to replace the plastic and Connie is ready to roll out.  A couple of pics.

The oil leaking from that o-ring completely coated the radiator after 50k+ miles.  The JB weld that I shoved into the cooling fins did OK.  It could use a good washing with a de-greaser I guess.

If you have to replace a radiator don't forget the hardware on the old one!!!  You have to transfer clips and such to mount the new one.  Of course, you'll figure it out, hopefully before you slide the new one in place.  :-\

The cooling fans are of different sizes.  Would not have guessed that.
If God should charge you what you owe,

You would always be in debt.

Online VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2019, 10:52:02 am »
Wire, duct tape, tie wraps....
  "LOCTITE┬«"  The original thread locker...  #11  08-C14 EA FC ABS 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology (sold).  U.N.I.T is Back!  2016 Indian Roadmaster.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2019, 04:07:38 pm »
The cooling fans are of different sizes.  Would not have guessed that.

Wow, wouldn't have guessed that either.  I suppose it has to do with clearance for other stuff.  Love that photo...also, the fans really don't cover much of the radiator, do they?  Maybe 33%
Shoodaben (was Guhl) ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, HID, helmet locks, Garmin Zumo 450, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,  Tourmaster Flex II