Author Topic: Any AK20-Penske setup near Miami-Broward-Palm Beach  (Read 831 times)


  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 42
  • Country: us
Any AK20-Penske setup near Miami-Broward-Palm Beach
« on: March 18, 2019, 05:01:28 pm »

before I take a $2500 plunge I would love to ride a Traxxion Ak20 fork and Penske shock setup. I'll buy lunch or show appreciation to your satisfaction. I'm in SouthWest Broward. Will be in the Traxxion area late May so looking to decide rather quickly.

For those curious why I want to upgrade it is 95% for the wife's riding enjoyment- the other 5% for safety in the twisties.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 04:16:41 pm by FIX UR CRITTER »
Prevent a litter, Fix ur Critter
PLEASE neuter all your pets.. there are millions of starving strays that wish you did.
'08 C-14, '08 Bandit 1250
'08 SV650, '07 YZ250F

Offline Greystoke

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 1
Re: Any AK20-Penske setup near Miami-Broward-Palm Beach
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2019, 09:29:21 am »
Sorry not in the area but I have the same setup from Traxxion on my gen 1 FZ1 and it’s off the chart. You will forever be ruined with great suspension and they are a top notch company.
What I mean ruined is you will never ride with nothing less.
Brakes and suspension and a bad ass motor is the trifecta in my book.

Offline Daytona_Mike

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 805
  • Country: us
Re: Any AK20-Penske setup near Miami-Broward-Palm Beach
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2019, 10:32:56 am »
Greystoke is absolutely correct. I have the AK20 / Ohlins setup and it transforms the handling of the bike . The problem is I  too got spoiled  once I rode bikes with really well setup- high end suspension so when I got my C14  I found the stock suspension so harsh and rough I didnt ride it until I fixed it.
  Me being spoiled now costs  me  $$$ to fix it  One way to have your suspension set up  is to visit a race track  (motorcycle racing ) and usually there are always suspension specialists on site who will assist you but since you are going to Traxxion they will do it for  you onsite as well.
 Talk to them first about your riding style and weight (and spouses weight) and they will fix you up. They are the best!!
You are doing the right thing but... be warned..once your spoiled  you cannot be un-spoiled.
If you still have fuel in the tank, you are not lost yet
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle

Offline Mi 14

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 11
  • Country: us
Re: Any AK20-Penske setup near Miami-Broward-Palm Beach
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2019, 09:57:10 pm »
I have the setup on my 2012. DO IT!!! When I go to buy tires the guys always comment about leaning the bike over so far. I was always a performance first guy. On my 2008 the last thing I did was the suspension. I vowed from then on the FIRST thing I would modify on any bike would be the suspension. After crashing the ‘08 In 2012, I removed the cartridges and shock and talked to Traxxion about installing them on my new ‘12. They had not done the setup for the ‘12 yet and said send the forks and cartridges and they would make any alterations for just the cost of parts. Rear Penske needed a new steel braided line, oil, and nitrogen. Much more confidence in the handling now. I ride the 14 like a BIG sport bike. Latest tire choice are the Dunlop Road Smart 3. Love them.