Author Topic: No Combustion  (Read 1710 times)

Offline bigdt73

Re: No Combustion
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2019, 07:20:30 pm »
Seriously.
What is the hardest part for You?  Took me 3 hours to get those friggin boots back on.  Now I’m worried I’ll rip them and then something else to buy.  But that was definitely the most frustrating part.

Couldn’t find that bar Steve has in the vid and I’m not ready to tourch a good screw driver just yet.

Makes you doubt your sanity.  I know they worked when I bought the bike.

I’m just trying to get it running to sell it and motorcycle frenzy season is not going to last ‘til August.

No pressure!

We need a therapy group thread.

Honestly the hardest part is chasing these gremlins. The first time I pulled the carbs and put them back in, I swore I would never do it again. Now I've got down to a technique that goes fairly smoothly and quickly. The hardest part of it is getting the throttle cable ends in place.

Offline connie_rider

« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2019, 11:44:08 am »
Harbor freight is your buddy (in both cases) here.
They sell a radiator hose installation tool that helps a lot with the boots and long forceps that are useful for doing the cables.
Heating the boots with a hair dryer to soften them helps too.

Ride safe, Ted

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2019, 04:17:28 pm »
have all those H/F tools, in multiples, and can say for what its worth, all the "picks/and bendy pointed tools", are well worth it.. but for the carbs, the cheapest screwdriver form dollar general... like the $1 one, heated red hot with a propane torch, and bent at the end 90*, will get ya thru this...

I used to use a "coat hanger" wire/hook" to do this... you don't need to spend big $ on tools...
"invention was the mutha' of necessity...".. be cheap. IT'S a GOOD thing.....

30 YEARS OF KAW.....