Author Topic: crash bars or engine guards?  (Read 429 times)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: crash bars or engine guards?
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2019, 02:27:29 pm »
9 years, no tip overs yet.

Oh, you just had to say that....
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,  Tourmaster Flex II

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
Re: crash bars or engine guards?
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2019, 06:05:53 pm »
MOB's comment about "rolling over on her back" is not something to ignore.  Without the "tip over bars", Connies run the risk of going "over-center" when they go, meaning that you have to pull them back up over the fulcrum point to get them upright.  If they don't break the footpeg and/or the peg bracket, then the peg becomes the fulcrum. Having dropped mine twice on the left side (withiout the bars) and once on the right side (with the bars), I can say that it is MUCH easier to get her back upright with the bars.

pics below

THAT is the reality.... and with the C14, when the bags are off (as mine were), it reaaally goes to that extreme... like, the front wheel is horizontal about 8" off the floor, and it's teetering on the handle bar end and footpeg...

30 YEARS OF KAW.....