Author Topic: Moving to Central Texas  (Read 1030 times)

Offline Furbo

• Arena
Moving to Central Texas
« on: June 15, 2019, 08:45:47 AM »
So,

moving to central Texas. (Fort Hood/Killeen)

Amazing as we're native Texans but have not lived here since the late 80's when I began my now ended military career.

Where are the good roads?
05 C-10
Eccl: 9: 7-10

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
Re: Moving to Central Texas
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2019, 10:46:40 AM »
I'm not saying that you won't find some roads you like around the Fort, but generally speaking the good roads are considered to be to the southwest
of Kerrville. That would put the start of them about 130 miles to the Southwest of the Fort's Main gate. I've Linked a Google drive link from the COG 2018
National Rally for you to explore. My favorites are the the three sisters and the Crabapple road loop. Some of the routes have Google street view stop action video
that works for some but can be problematic depending on hardware and connection speed.

LINK

Link to large map overview pdf
 (Killeen is off the top right of map. Best if you download the map to view on your computer so you can zoom in. Actual size is 48" x 24")

Offline Furbo

• Arena
Re: Moving to Central Texas
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2019, 12:36:44 PM »
I'm not saying that you won't find some roads you like around the Fort, but generally speaking the good roads are considered to be to the southwest
of Kerrville. That would put the start of them about 130 miles to the Southwest of the Fort's Main gate. I've Linked a Google drive link from the COG 2018
National Rally for you to explore. My favorites are the the three sisters and the Crabapple road loop. Some of the routes have Google street view stop action video
that works for some but can be problematic depending on hardware and connection speed.

LINK

Link to large map overview pdf
 (Killeen is off the top right of map. Best if you download the map to view on your computer so you can zoom in. Actual size is 48" x 24")

Very helpful, thank you!
05 C-10
Eccl: 9: 7-10