Author Topic: cooling/fan questions  (Read 667 times)

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
Re: cooling/fan questions
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2019, 07:42:23 pm »
I really can't say what you provided there as being astounding, so supplying it as "fact" is a big error... but as that sensor plays no part in the cooling circuit, and only controls the gauge/needle/reading on dash, I'd have to say that in some way it's a bit flawed... i.e. actual coolant temperature, when the engine is "HOT" jumps well above the 212*F mark, up as high as 230*F.. I know the gage reads well above 212*, and should give a resistance with some leeway to reach the above temps... without reading "zero" ohms. Might check the factory manual for the actual figures.
at 212*F you should have a reading of 27 ohms.
With that said, your temp sensor is not working correctly... per the manual...
I've also included a picture of the readings for Fan On/Off cycling, with the sensing at the Fan switch, (different from the gage switch..)

30 YEARS OF KAW.....

Offline gpineau

• I am an organ donor
    • Things that keep me busy
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2019, 08:00:50 pm »
First post I have made here in weeks and you jumped right on top of it.

You know, I spent an hour making those measurements. I really thought they would be useful to someone.
2 Connies, 2 Magnas, 1 Yamaha Vstar 950 Touring.
https://motostuff.shutterfly.com/pictures

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2019, 08:05:08 pm »
First post I have made here in weeks and you jumped right on top of it.

You know, I spent an hour making those measurements. I really thought they would be useful to someone.

I'm sorry if your feelings are hurt, but simply asking, or using the factory service manual to find inspection values would have saved you that "lost hour of your life"... we are here to assist, and offer things we KNOW, in an effort to circumvent people having to do massive hunting, or experimenting... you seem to have a deire to take the circuitous route, but that's fine also, at least you are applying yourself.

I did not make my post to belittle you, only to provide CONCISE and Correct values, for anyone else...

30 YEARS OF KAW.....

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2019, 06:48:59 am »
Rich, give it a rest, please.
"LOCTITE┬«"  The original thread locker...  #11  2016 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! 2008 C14 Moved on to a new home.

Offline gpineau

• I am an organ donor
    • Things that keep me busy
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2019, 09:37:58 am »
Thank you both.

My resistance measurements were probably tainted by handling when moving from stove and freezer Also the fact that water in my part of Colorado boils at about 200 degrees. To raise the boiling point I added salt to the water which now I realize makes the water conductive and would cause the resistance to read lower.
2 Connies, 2 Magnas, 1 Yamaha Vstar 950 Touring.
https://motostuff.shutterfly.com/pictures