Author Topic: Low speed brake shudder  (Read 901 times)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: Low speed brake shudder
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2019, 09:31:16 pm »
Where is the best place to get OEMs?    Ronayers  sells them but how do I know they are the latest?

I ordered mine from the dealer.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline ginzburg

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2019, 05:37:18 pm »
Where is the best place to get OEMs?    Ronayers  sells them but how do I know they are the latest?

Maybe Man of Blues can clarify this. It looks like the 08-09 have one part number. The 10-11 have another and then the 2012 on up have another.

I think he just means the 2012 part number is the latest.

Looks like it was already discussed here http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=23582.0

They look to be cheapest from Partzilla. I also think they stock them so they ship really fast. I think sometimes things are shipped from Kawasaki first and that takes extra time.

Offline SVonhof

• 2009 C14
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2019, 10:47:50 pm »
I had my front brakes re-done at 18k miles in Oct 2013 and also 25k miles on May of 2015, both under the extended factory warranty.

I just started noticing the shudder again at 42k miles and need to start looking at options. Seems like the latest Kawi pads, part number 43082-0122 are best per my reading.

Anyone have any info on the rotor thickness range? I can mic it out and see what it is, but don't have the ability to check run-out. Just wondering if in 17k miles, the rotor may need to be replaced?

It isn't bad yet, so I have time. I will be doing a cleaning and maybe even sanding of the rotors (as best as possible without removing them) I can do, to see if it helps. Also plan on adjusting the throttle cable tension (this is a thing right?) as I don't know that it has ever been done and seems a little "sloppy".
Scott
ZX-6D --> CBR600F3 --> TL1000R --> Concours 14
Mods: Two Bro's Titanium Slip-on, Shad SH46 trunk, PCA luggage rack, AeroFlow windscreen, Corbin saddles, Helibar risers, StreetFX LED brake flashers, "divintymotor" (Ebay) LED tail light, ProjektD sidestand Bigfoot and Helmet locks, Vario Passenger pegs

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2019, 03:29:35 am »
Interestingly enough, my brake shudder on the C14 was caused by an errant piston in the front caliper.  Rebuilt the front (new seals) and it went away.  I lived with it for many years.  I kick myself for not doing them earlier.  It's not always the rotors.
"LOCTITE┬«"  The original thread locker...  #11  08-C14 EA FC ABS 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology (sold).  U.N.I.T is Back!  2016 Indian Roadmaster.