Author Topic: HELLO?  (Read 1025 times)

Offline MtnRider

Re: HELLO?
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2019, 06:06:17 pm »
Ever hear of oatmeal sausage?

My family were mostly german and farmers. When they butchered (beef or pork) they took all the little bits of meat that were left over and mixed them in with thick freshly cooked oatmeal. Then they placed the mixture in bread loaf pans and cooled in the fridge. It froze well so a big batch could be stored for quite a while.
Final preparation was to slice pieces off the end about a quarter inch thick and fry in a lightly greased pan until brown on each side and then eaten with a coating of molasses. Makes my mouth water just thinking about it. My wife, daughter mix up a batch with ground beef or pork since we don't butcher... Very filling and long lasting energy for the farmers.

Online gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2019, 06:24:06 pm »
Sounds a bit like scrapple, which I choked on at a breakfast on a southeast ride
Thank God for good men willing to do extreme violence.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2019, 07:28:30 pm »
Sounds a bit like scrapple, which I choked on at a breakfast on a southeast ride

iirc Scrapple is made with coarse barley, more like Haggis.. mmmmm I like that stuff.. but I'm odd.. and eat weird stuff and guts from animals.. it's all in how it is prepared.. and I seldom eat guts someone other than myself, prepared,,,  or even touched.

30 YEARS OF KAW.....

Offline fartymarty

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2019, 06:12:02 am »
Ever hear of oatmeal sausage?

My family were mostly german and farmers. When they butchered (beef or pork) they took all the little bits of meat that were left over and mixed them in with thick freshly cooked oatmeal. Then they placed the mixture in bread loaf pans and cooled in the fridge. It froze well so a big batch could be stored for quite a while.
Final preparation was to slice pieces off the end about a quarter inch thick and fry in a lightly greased pan until brown on each side and then eaten with a coating of molasses. Makes my mouth water just thinking about it. My wife, daughter mix up a batch with ground beef or pork since we don't butcher... Very filling and long lasting energy for the farmers.

And then someone threw in some beaten egg and.... v̶i̶o̶l̶a̶!̶ Voilá!...meatloaf was b̶o̶r̶n̶  invented.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2019, 06:44:43 am »
Poor man's Pâté. With extra thin sliced dill pickles and mayo if desired.

:thumbs:
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Poseidon

• Arena
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2019, 07:29:10 am »
Poor man's Pâté. With extra thin sliced dill pickles and mayo if desired.

:thumbdown :pukeface:
2017 Concours 14
2016 Victory Magnum
2013 M109R
2016 Can Am Spyder F3T - Wife's bike

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2019, 11:20:49 am »
 :rotflmao:
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2016 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! 2008 C14 Moved on to a new home.

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2019, 01:00:26 pm »
I tried some pickled eggs that were hot. Not a good time.
2010 Connie. No ABS, no TC, no linked brakes. A real bike.
http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/pp236/Jimmymac25/twokillboy003.jpg

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2019, 07:12:55 am »
Never, ever, eat pickled eggs!
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2016 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! 2008 C14 Moved on to a new home.

Offline Nosmo

• "We're all in this together." - Red Green
« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2019, 11:00:46 pm »
I've been a vegetarian for about 25 years now....and I am about to....F'ing.....puke. :pukeface:
A life undreamed is a waste.  A dream unlived is a sin.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2019, 05:33:07 am »
I've been a vegetarian for about 25 years now....and I am about to....F'ing.....puke. :pukeface:

Semi here, for over 32 years.  I started skipping over posts almost immediately.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Conrad

« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2019, 07:17:19 am »

I don't blame you! After not eating meat for so long I'd puke too. Go ahead and have a cheeseburger, it'll settle your stomach.    ;)
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2019, 12:19:42 pm »
I always like a good juicy Haggis....
now, in veggie format, at your local grocer...

but the real thing put's "hair under your Kilt, boy'o...

30 YEARS OF KAW.....