Author Topic: 2021 COG National Rally  (Read 1603 times)

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
Re: 2021 COG National Rally
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2020, 03:27:37 am »
Mess? And here I was thinking we were just having a conversation, all pleasant and peaceful. My, you Texans sho' du get riled easy.

;) ;D

Brian

Who started this mess anyway!........Oh, yeah, right,.. I did.

<snip>

« Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 06:51:18 am by B.D.F. »
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline connie_rider

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2020, 06:36:51 am »

Hi Marty. It appears that you have a little egg on your face.
  {At first, I though it was bullet holes}   :rotflmao:

I was disappointed that the 2021 2020 didn't take place too.
  But I can't fault the Team.   The Virus messed up everyone's plans.
     Those guys worked hard...
So, kudo's to all that tried to make it happen.

For now, I'm looking forward to the 2022 2021..
The SE folks are working hard too, and have less time to get it ready.
   ie; They had to move their plans up from 2022 to 2021, and can't finalize anything till the Virus is whooped..

I'm gonna support them any way I can...
       I'll start with "Saaalute"!!

Bottom line; "I'm goin'...!!
           Ya'll are invited.

Ride safe, Ted

PS; Soooo, mebbe NW in  2023 2022..  :stirpot:
« Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 11:21:17 am by connie_rider »

Offline fartymarty

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2020, 10:01:14 am »
My, you Texans sho' du get riled easy.

Yeah, it must be the heat. Although between myself and MOB it did start off a little bit like Festivus which as I'm sure you'll recall
starts out with the airing of grievances. Thus my use of "Mess" , perhaps a bit harsh on my part.  Since I started off bitchin' and ended
up with plans on goin' my use of the word mess was sort of aimed at me...per usual, I should have counted to 10 25 and absorbed all
the facts and revelations that were forthcoming about the decision. One of the reasons I haven't stepped up to do more for COG or MSTA is that
I'm a hot head and rise to the boil way too quickly even at my advanced age. I think I might do more harm than good, or at best constanly have egg
on my face.

Now as for the heat, that would perhaps explain why Ted is off by a year??...but I think more likely he has been sippin' some of that
pallet wood aged hooch he's so famous for.

It' OK Ted, I FIFY , you just relax and keep on sippin'.  ;D

Hi Marty. It appears that you have a little egg on your face.
  {At first, I though it was bullet holes}   :rotflmao:

I was disappointed that the 2021 2020 didn't take place too.
  But I can't fault the Team.   The Virus messed up everyone's plans.
     Those guys worked hard...
So, kudo's to all that tried to make it happen.
Mebbe 2023 2022..

For now, I'm looking forward to the 2022.2021.
The SE folks are working hard too, and have less time to get it ready.
   ie; They had to move their plans up a year, and can't finalize anything till the Virus is whooped..
I'm gonna support them any way I can...
       I'll start with "Saaalute"!!

Bottom line; "I'm goin'...!!
           Ya'll are invited.

Ride safe, Ted

So if the SE folks had to move up a year (thanks SE guys and gals!) to 2021 from 2022, whom was originally planned for 2021 if the NW 2020 event had happened?
I'm guessing it would have been SW? So either NW or SW in 2022?

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2020, 11:13:39 am »
Not to get anyone riled up but..... I think the whole rally / group ride thingy might be troublesome until an inoculation for Covid 19 is found. Everything else is just a proverbial band- aid; the vaccine will be the real 'cure' for this thing. Assuming of course that enough people get inoculated to give us herd immunity but again, I ain't even goin' there 'cause that is the proverbial powder keg.

No political animals were hurt in the typing of this post. :)

Brian

Yeah, it must be the heat. Although between myself and MOB it did start off a little bit like Festivus which as I'm sure you'll recall
starts out with the airing of grievances. Thus my use of "Mess" , perhaps a bit harsh on my part.  Since I started off bitchin' and ended
up with plans on goin' my use of the word mess was sort of aimed at me...per usual, I should have counted to 10 25 and absorbed all
the facts and revelations that were forthcoming about the decision. One of the reasons I haven't stepped up to do more for COG or MSTA is that
I'm a hot head and rise to the boil way too quickly even at my advanced age. I think I might do more harm than good, or at best constanly have egg
on my face.

Now as for the heat, that would perhaps explain why Ted is off by a year??...but I think more likely he has been sippin' some of that
pallet wood aged hooch he's so famous for.

It' OK Ted, I FIFY , you just relax and keep on sippin'.  ;D

So if the SE folks had to move up a year (thanks SE guys and gals!) to 2021 from 2022, whom was originally planned for 2021 if the NW 2020 event had happened?
I'm guessing it would have been SW? So either NW or SW in 2022?
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline fartymarty

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2020, 07:07:00 pm »
....the vaccine will be the real 'cure' for this thing.

Agreed, group riding in general is OK but the relaxing afterward, swapin' lies, and
poking at each other's farkles in the parking lot, and group dinners all takes a big covid hit. I'm not going to any rally
(not even one in the west) unless there is either a huge reduction in covid cases or a viable vaccine is available
for my family and I. I'm planing a short trip with a buddy (yeah, out west) in September but we will be eating fast food
outside or in our separate hotel rooms. We normally share a room to reduce expenses but not this trip. Separate rooms
and separate beverage supplies. Probably wear our helmets in the room and talk through the walls with our Senas as we imbibe.
May have to get a straw for my riding buddy as he doesn't have a modular helmet.  ;D

Offline connie_rider

« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2020, 08:26:18 am »
Agreed. Let's get past this stupid virus.
The Nationals take 1-2 years of preparation though.
So, some preparations have to be done (even now) if we hope to have one in the coming years.
Hats off to the folks that are doing it.

Ride safe, Ted

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2020, 05:59:57 pm »
Agreed, group riding in general is OK but the relaxing afterward, swapin' lies, and
poking at each other's farkles in the parking lot, and group dinners all takes a big covid hit. I'm not going to any rally
(not even one in the west) unless there is either a huge reduction in covid cases or a viable vaccine is available
for my family and I. I'm planing a short trip with a buddy (yeah, out west) in September but we will be eating fast food
outside or in our separate hotel rooms. We normally share a room to reduce expenses but not this trip. Separate rooms
and separate beverage supplies. Probably wear our helmets in the room and talk through the walls with our Senas as we imbibe.
May have to get a straw for my riding buddy as he doesn't have a modular helmet.  ;D

just get the highest proof moonshine you can find, if it's over 160 proof, all good.. keep it on your belt, in a squeeezie bottle, and regularly dispense it into your mouth.. to insure you are "cleansing"..make sure you use a bit to clean your chicken chokers/mitt's with..  guard your stash, and hoard it.. the life you save, may be your own.. but with a severe hangover, you would probably welcome the alternative..

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..