Author Topic: speed limiter question  (Read 1101 times)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: speed limiter question
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2019, 03:34:27 pm »
Both of the flashs (Steves and Ivans) mention removal of speed limiters and also talk of rpm limiters. So from my reading of their literature I will go on the premise that it is speed limited in stock form.

Inquiring minds want to know!  The ECU has access to speed, I assume, since the ABS and traction control know how fast the wheel is turning (there are sensors for that, of course).  Steve should speak up :)

Not that it really matters that much to me, I know *I* certainly won't be going that fast.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2019, 07:25:22 am »
The 2008 and 2009 models do not have a speed limiter, but the later models do. I have the 2009, that and the fact it is red, makes it the fastest C14.  :chugbeer:

In your dreams..
"LOCTITE┬«"  The original thread locker...  #11  08-C14 EA FC ABS 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology (sold).  U.N.I.T is Back!  2016 Indian Roadmaster.

Offline PH14

« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2019, 09:08:06 am »

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2019, 03:17:30 pm »
For me speed is about acceleration.... I don't care much  about top speed (well, as long as it is reasonable).  And the nice part is, as long as you have control (not skidding, not losing traction, not drifting, both tires on ground, being safe), and going under the speed limit, you can get there about as fast as you like and there isn't too much anyone can do about it.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2019, 04:18:19 pm »
"And the nice part is, as long as you have control (not skidding, not losing traction, not drifting, both tires on ground, being safe)"

What a Debbie Downer....
Thank God for good men willing to do extreme violence.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2019, 05:03:51 pm »