Author Topic: Valve Shim Kit  (Read 1237 times)

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
Re: Valve Shim Kit
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2019, 02:59:48 pm »
Yes, I think he does but he may be a little :loco: at present.   :rotflmao:  :chugbeer:   :thumbs:

Doh..... sorry... I corrected it... I was multi tasking and had a brain fart..    you are correct.....  my bad. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :goodpost: :hail: :hail: :hail: :thumbs: :salute:

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2019, 03:10:02 pm »
I might be in this "bucket" soon, too (pun intended).  [...] I haven't yet contacted local dealers to see if/what they carry and the pricing, as I prepare for the project.

Today I contacted both Kawasaki dealers.  Neither will sell/swap shims.  I also contacted the Honda dealer.  They don't have much on hand of our size.  So it looks like I will be stuck measuring, ordering, then waiting.  Sucks.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2019, 05:24:12 pm »
Today I contacted both Kawasaki dealers.  Neither will sell/swap shims.  I also contacted the Honda dealer.  They don't have much on hand of our size.  So it looks like I will be stuck measuring, ordering, then waiting.  Sucks.

Mic your needed shims, don't trust the markings, figure the shim sizes you need, and drive to the dealerships and talk face to face (not on the phone, not in an email) to the counter guy.. let him toss his shim box on the counter, and you measure the ones you "think" you need with a micrometer (4 place micro, not "calipers").. and he will swap them.. tjeey all will.. never ever had a disappointing visit and talk with a parts guy, face to face.. you would be a bit surprised what/how much that counts, when wanting something..
Nobody want's to be nice on the phone, be nice, walk in, strike up the conversation... and see what happens..

Oh, don't write off that Honda dealer either... do the same with him.. they actually sell shims in the graduations we use.. and are much more prolifically found... btdt.

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..