Author Topic: Do you know where this should be at?  (Read 478 times)

Offline Romonov

Re: Do you know where this should be at?
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2019, 05:26:12 am »
The still look like part of the Front Brake Rotor to me.......

Thanks @The Pope.
The ones you talk about are bobbins of each of the two floating rotors in the front, but they are not bearings at al.
Romo - Nov, they both belong to family names...I'm not Russian though ;-)

Offline Romonov

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2019, 05:27:34 am »
The early and late models aren't that different mechanically. I had one of each pretty much disassembled recently and I cannot remember seeing a part like that - much less seven of them.
In fact, I've looked in the bin that contains the leftovers of the one that didn't go back together and I still can't find a part that looks like that.

What have I done!!!!!

Offline The Pope

• COG #9994 (NC AAD)
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2019, 06:28:11 am »
Well........ "could they be" from some other project (as in - not from the bike) that you had worked on and they were just laying in the general area where you placed the parts from your bike when you worked on it?

If not, just take one of them to your local Kawasaki Dealer and tell them you need another one of them for you bike. See if they say sure, here it is or if they say, that's not used on your bike.
The Pope
2011 C-14 Atomic Silver...... aka ImprovedSilverDammIt.

"The Universe is a contest between engineers making things idiot-proof and God making bigger idiots. So far, God is winning by a wide margin." Unknown author, well I don't know who said it.

Offline Romonov

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2019, 06:41:33 am »
Well........ "could they be" from some other project (as in - not from the bike) that you had worked on and they were just laying in the general area where you placed the parts from your bike when you worked on it?

As a personal working rule, I normally use a magnetic tray to collect all the bolts, nuts, washers and stuff from the disassembling and there they where at the end of the job!!!!
But I might have mixed stuff up...now I’m starting to doubt...I’ll go to the dealer, very good point! Let’s just hope they don’t ask where I took them from.

Offline Michelle

• Saving the chubby unicorns
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2019, 07:55:56 am »
As a personal working rule, I normally use a magnetic tray to collect all the bolts, nuts, washers and stuff from the disassembling and there they where at the end of the job!!!!

Magnetic you say? Are you sure it was empty when you started the job?
Neutron Silver 08 1400GTR ABS with KTRC K-ACT and ECO

Offline strum

« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2019, 04:08:46 pm »
I cant find anything . the only place I see 7 of anything is the rotor buttons . These must have came from something else .

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2019, 04:31:57 pm »
But I might have mixed stuff up...now I’m starting to doubt...I’ll go to the dealer, very good point! Let’s just hope they don’t ask where I took them from.

SORRY, but I am still laughing bout that... taking them to a parts counter, and asking that young service fellow will likely get you a look, and comment like "HUNH??? I dunno...." as he looks at you like a deer in the headlights...

as I said, I actually did go thru the microfiche... even though I know it's not from the bike... and can safely say they ain't from your bike.... some other project... they look like roller slide parts from a drawer assembly...

they surely aren't rotor buttons, and as you noted you only messed with the rear brakes, which have NO rotor buttons... ain't them...

the part that throws me off is the 7 quantity.. toss them in a bag somewhere, and forget about them until you remember where they REALLLLLY came from.

30 YEARS OF KAW.....

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2019, 04:44:49 pm »
The still look like part of the Front Brake Rotor to me.......

rotor buttons are just a hat shaped sleeve, not a bearing.. same parts from ZX14 are used on C14... look like this...

30 YEARS OF KAW.....

Offline Romonov

« Reply #23 on: Yesterday at 07:42:13 pm »
Hello everybody,
I’m reporting back in order to put everyone at peace...just as Michelle suggested, these friggin 7 bearings belong to a previous project I was working with, the wife told me so before I opened this topic in the forum, but hey...what does she know?
Sorry to trouble you guys.
You don’t want to know my stands at home now!!!!

Offline Freddy

« Reply #24 on: Yesterday at 08:22:59 pm »
 :battle:   :rotflmao:
The best substitute for brains is .............what?

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #25 on: Yesterday at 08:42:08 pm »
we will never know, wher thos bearings really lived.. thanks a lot.. NOT

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :banghead: :banghead: :battle: :stirpot: :stirpot: :stirpot: :deadhorse:

30 YEARS OF KAW.....

Offline Rexter

« Reply #26 on: Yesterday at 09:06:13 pm »
Were you cleaning your fidget spinners before you worked on your Connie?

Offline Romonov

« Reply #27 on: Yesterday at 10:08:17 pm »
Ohhhh brother!
If you must know...
I was cleaning my father’s old tools boxes, found these bearings to be used in I don’t know what and totally forgot about it. Then the wheels... (all of a sudden) came out of the Connie and the problem appeared.
What are you going to do?
Again...SORRY!