Author Topic: Radar detector mount  (Read 235 times)

Offline kzz1king

Radar detector mount
« on: December 11, 2019, 08:30:43 pm »
I made this mount to hold my RD and the Aplirider. It is all mounted on a housing that sits on a magnetic base for easy removal. It is wired so one plug and patch cord to the phone are all that have to be disconnected to remove. Have not been able to try it out yet (10 below)
2010 CONCOURS
1974 Z-1

Offline kzz1king

Re: Radar detector mount
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2019, 08:33:47 pm »
The base with RD removed.  Sorry. I take crappy pics. It doesnt help that the bike is crammed in the corner awaiting spring.

Wayne
2010 CONCOURS
1974 Z-1

Offline fartymarty

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2019, 08:16:30 am »
The fabrication looks good.  :thumbs:
I'm assuming that in the event of rain you're going to pull the whole thing off the magnetic mount and store it in a dry location or at least put a plastic bag over it until you're out of the rain?  I'm not familiar with your RD, but I'm fairly certain that the AmpliRider isn't weatherproof, at least their website hints that it is not. I'm just curious what the plan is in rain, if you pull the whole thing off do you loose GPS audio or is there an alternate hookup in that case?

Offline kzz1king

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2019, 10:17:52 am »
It never rains on me LOL. Plan is to pull it off in rain and for security. Thats why I packaged together. I  just use Google maps or  Waze via phone. I am old school enough to carry maps and written routes as backup.  So when the storms hit the phone in pocket and earpiece in.

Wayne
2010 CONCOURS
1974 Z-1