Author Topic: 100,000 Mile C-14's  (Read 3428 times)

Offline mikeb2411

Re: 100,000 Mile C-14's
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2020, 09:35:30 am »
connnie14boy, I remember those days. It was fun! She STILL gives me grief :'(

What's funny is what I was told when I purchased the Trophy; "The Trophy will be way easier on tires than the Connie"...Bulls#$t! If you guys think the Connnie is tire-hungry, the Trophy and Tiger eat tires like they're chocolate! I have yet to find a tire that will go more than 3k miles on either bike! I remember the days of the Connie and getting at least 6k-8k on a set! I do like the 10k service intervals of Triumph but their support is sooooo bad that I would gladly go back to Kawi's 6K intervals. And, it's really 12k because the oil and fluid changes are so easy on the Kawi that those can be done in our own garage, something I do miss doing! The fuel range on the Tiger is TERRIBLE! If I hit 180 miles on a tank, I'm pushing the bike! I expected more out of an ADV Touring bike but I guess there isn't anything in the UK that is more than a few miles away? ???

I really do miss the smoothness of the Kawi, I miss the look and feel of that bike, and I do miss the farkling! I ride home daily on my Tiger and there is a guy I see once or twice a week on a black C14 and I get that warm, fuzzy feeling inside when I see that bike because the Concours, IMHO, has always been one of the best-looking bikes on the road!

There are many reasons to want to go back to the Concours, only 1 or 2 that would keep me away. The main factor is going to be legroom; the ADV bike has sooo much of it whereas the Concours makes my knees feel tight!

I DO NOT care for the new color scheme and will wait to see what the 2021 model looks like. I have heard that Kawi is going to add LED headlights to all their bikes so I am assuming the 2021 models will have them. I thought I needed all that technology that the Tiger and Trophy have but there is something really nice about the simplicity of the Concours.

I have toy'd with the idea of a BMW RT as my next bike but I can't justify the cost (cause I would want the fully-loaded model for only $30k :o), don't want the issues that come with that bike, and it still wouldn't be the Concours. There is nothing like a flashed and farkled Concours! Oh, and the luggage on the Concours is the best!

So, there you have it. I have ridden and tried Triumph and BMW and I still lean toward the Concours. I need more time to get out from under the Tiger and I need Kawi to produce a color scheme I can fall in love with and then the switch back to the Concours just might happen!

Until next time,
Mike
Mike
Ojai, CA
2016 Black Triumph Trophy SE

Offline fartymarty

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2020, 10:09:56 am »
....and will wait to see what the 2021 model looks like. I have heard that Kawi is going to add LED headlights to all their bikes so I am assuming the 2021 models will have them.

2021 model?...Wow, aren't you the optimist.  :rotflmao:

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2020, 10:20:00 am »
Unfortunately, I think you are right Marty. I believe a 2021 model of the C-14 is going to be a 2020 model.... sitting at the dealer with dust on it.

Not hoping for that, just afraid that is going to be the way it goes.

Brian

2021 model?...Wow, aren't you the optimist.  :rotflmao:
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline mikeb2411

« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2020, 10:33:37 am »
There is a 2019 still sitting there on the showroom floor of my dealer...sales claims it hasn't even been an afterthought for most.

The ADV bikes are getting a lot of attention and Triumph has put a lot of effort into the Scrambler and Bonneville lineup, and then there's the Rocket! That means people walk past the Concours as if it's not there. I go to the shop frequently and I have NEVER seen anyone give the C14 a look...sad days!

Maybe I'll wait till the 2019 drops below $10k and then get it! I'd ride that color for under $10k! I would take the green stripe off though!
Mike
Ojai, CA

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2020, 03:11:39 pm »
There are many reasons to want to go back to the Concours, only 1 or 2 that would keep me away. The main factor is going to be legroom; the ADV bike has sooo much of it whereas the Concours makes my knees feel tight!

You must have some really long legs :)  I have a 28.5" inseam, so I have just tons of extra space.

I DO NOT care for the new color scheme and will wait to see what the 2021 model looks like.

I am not fond of the "two tone" thing, but... and I have speculated incorrectly more than once now....  I seriously doubt there will be a 2021.  The 2019 and 2020 appear to be "leftover parts depletion" models.  But I guess we shall see.  Of course, you can get a 2019/20 and peel off the green sticker stuff and paint the few odd panels.

I have heard that Kawi is going to add LED headlights to all their bikes so I am assuming the 2021 models will have them. I thought I needed all that technology that the Tiger and Trophy have but there is something really nice about the simplicity of the Concours.

If there is a 2021, and I really doubt it, it will absolutely be identical to the 2019/2020.  Of that I am about 99% sure.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2020, 03:14:05 pm »
There is a 2019 still sitting there on the showroom floor of my dealer...sales claims it hasn't even been an afterthought for most.

It isn't glitzy.  It is just reliable, affordable, smooth, and fast.  Glitz wins.

Maybe I'll wait till the 2019 drops below $10k and then get it! I'd ride that color for under $10k! I would take the green stripe off though!

Exactly.
And replace all the bulbs with LED and farkle some and bam.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline mikeb2411

« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2020, 03:15:49 pm »
Hi Max, nice "talking" with you again ;)

Regarding my legs; it's not the length as much as it is my knees! I had my 3rd knee surgery in 2019 and it has been a little on the "tight side" since, that is my concern!

I saw that the 2020 is exactly the same as the 19 so you are probably correct which means if I am going to do it, I need to do it within the next 2 years.

My thoughts exactly when it comes to the color...peel off the green and paint what needs to be painted!
Mike
Ojai, CA

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2020, 08:42:40 pm »
My thoughts exactly when it comes to the color...peel off the green and paint what needs to be painted!

Nobody has confirmed it, but I think the black behind the logo and on the upper part of the fairing is also a sticker.  I don't know if that is true and if true, what is behind it, at least on the front fairing.  If it is body colored, I could deal with just sticker removal and painting the tank.  I don't know what they were thinking...

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2020, 05:48:09 am »
Too much Saki.
"LOCTITE┬«"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! 2008 C14 Moved on to a new home, 2016 RM traded in.

Offline Boomer

• Wickford, UK
    • Boomers GTR Site
« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2020, 07:58:48 am »
If you have knee problems on the C14 try these.
https://www.advancedsporttouring.com/Concours_14_Foot_peg_Lowering_Brackets_p/c14-27.htm
I haven't fitted mine yet, but will be shortly.

I have an inside leg of 33" and size 15 feet so I need all the space I can get.
Hopefully they won't cause me to start ripping the toes out of my boots when cornering, but I guess we will see.
George "Boomer" Garratt
Wickford, UK

Offline mikeb2411

« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2020, 02:07:23 pm »
I've seen those lowering pegs before. If you order them you might not get them, knowing that guys reputation!
Mike
Ojai, CA

Offline fartymarty

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2020, 03:04:41 pm »
I've seen those lowering pegs before. If you order them you might not get them, knowing that guys reputation!

Supposedly his reputation for delivery has improved lately. I purchased from them/him years ago and I'm still happy with my bars setback plates ("Riser Adapters").

However, whenever the "Returns Department" address is a UPS Store and "Suite 111" is really box 111, the buyer should beware. ;)
Quote from: AST website
Please send all returns to:
Advanced Sport Touring

Attn: Returns Dept.
235 Apollo Beach Blvd.
Suite 111
Apollo Beach, FL  33572
https://www.google.com/maps/@27.7707437,-82.3936994,3a,52.8y,358.21h,79.97t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sp9WIpsQSqV6gtHyiSoM-Ug!2e0!7i16384!8i8192?hl=en&authuser=0

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2020, 04:38:24 pm »
I agree Marty, use caution when placing an order, the order may go thru, but any and all subsequent contact attempts, if a return, or problem exists, is always the point where his true colors shine brightly.. i.e.  he drops off the planet, and becomes incommunicado...  just warning ya'll...

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline connie_rider

« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2020, 04:46:45 pm »
Just my .02.
I've never had a problem when I purchased from them.
Always shipped on time and their products have been great.

Ride safe, Ted

Offline mikeb2411

« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2020, 08:57:22 am »
I remember those days and ordered quite a bit from him when building up my bike. He was, for the most part, pretty good about getting my orders out but I did run into two different times when I order something and never received it and was unable to get a response from him >:(
« Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 10:49:53 am by mikeb2411 »
Mike
Ojai, CA