Author Topic: Are you afraid of heights?  (Read 6623 times)

Offline Pfloydgad

• When I was a child, I caught a fleeting glimpse
Re: Are you afraid of heights?
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2012, 08:29:52 PM »
I LOVE heights.
Give me a tower, a crane or a turbine and I will climb it. I grew up near a 150 ft. ranger tower that had a vertical ladder that was used to get to the top. The view was awesome, before all the houses were built. I was in Texas and got rigged up and went up in a 300 ft. Wind Turbine 4 yrs ago. What a view, the Turbine guy said that from the top you could see 100 miles in any direction. What a rush.
Hell Yes, give something to climb, and I am there.
Oh yea, and ride safe also.
Greg
Why did we have to run for cover with the promise of a brave new world unfold beneath the clear blue sky ?

Offline Necron99

• Arena
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2012, 08:57:30 PM »
I'm not afraid of heights.  I'm afraid of the DEPTHS under the heights, through which I will fall if I go over.  1600 feet doesn't bother me as much as 50 feet (although you won't find me up there).  From 1600, death is certain, in a few seconds.  From 50, quadraplegia or other crippling and disabling injuries are equally likely followed by a lifetime of suffering.  No thanks.

Me - exactly this.  I'm not afraid of death, but living life as a quad.... shudder.  No thanks.
Do not go gentle into that good night.
-Dylan Thomas

2010 ZG1400 COG #9384

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2020, 11:11:22 AM »
Easy climb in the description.
https://youtu.be/xusNiC0v874
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2020, 11:17:38 AM »
I can climb up easy enough, it's getting down that gives me problems as I usually freeze to the surface and it takes awhile for me to unfreeze enough to come down.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.