Author Topic: Corona virus.... the gift that keeps on giving  (Read 4090 times)

Online B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
Re: Corona virus.... the gift that keeps on giving
« Reply #75 on: March 28, 2020, 02:39:44 pm »
Yep, the wiping down of purchased materials, as well as wiping off everything (such as can be done) before touching it all adds together and decreases the odds yet more that you will be infected.

Just talked to my son and granddaughter (such as one 'talks' with a toddler) and they are on the far other side of this behavior, much less serious about COVID than even I am. They let the child run around, touching anyone / anything and everyone finds it cute apparently (hey, she IS adorable.... seriously). Personally, I do not agree with this behavior but my son and DIL are in their 30's and I cannot do anything about their behavior or attitude toward this situation. I have made suggestions but they fall on deaf ears. Such is the nature of a free society. ?? ??

Brian

t my alarm and got up early to shop our local markets senior hour 7-8. They would only let in 25 at a time.  The market had hand washing stations out side and a antibact wipes dispensor inside. I arrived at 7:05 and was number 28. Got in and grabbed a wad of wipes to use to handle everything. Got my stuff home and proceeded to unpack the goods wiping everything down with Lysol spray.

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline blue14

• Arena
« Reply #76 on: March 28, 2020, 02:54:44 pm »
Quite a few reports of New Yorkers leaving New York and possibly taking Covid-19 with them.  The only way to contain this is to do what the Chinese did and shut the cities off.  They'll be more hot spots developing for sure now.  Saw a FL licensed vehicle across the street and I know damn well it wasn't there a few days ago.  It's either coming back from NY or escaping FL. 

Those are known as HALF BACKS....
2010 C14, 2007 ZX14,  2004 KTM 300SXC

Online B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #77 on: March 28, 2020, 03:06:24 pm »
It is not legal for the fed. gummit to shut down 'travel', and I do not believe we will see anything like that on the federal level. If we do, it will be followed by lawsuits and end up in the Supreme Court. Travel is a constitutional right and as such, is extremely touchy to try and control or stop.

We may see some quarantining on a state level though that is not legal either (same reason). That said, we have seen it before during the more extreme over- reactions to the Ebola "outbreak" that happen a few years back. The governor of NJ tried to prevent the travel of a disease- free citizen but was so clumsy about it that she simply drove out of NJ and back to ME. And as we know now, there were exactly zero deaths from Ebola transmitted to someone while in the US. As they say, nothing exceeds like excess :-)

Just to be clear, COVID is very, very different than Ebola; COVID is fairly easy to spread but has a relatively low mortality rate. Ebola is much less easily transferred but has an astonishingly high mortality rate. The same behavior / attitudes cannot be used for those two different viruses, or at least certainly should not be used interchangeably.

Brian

Quite a few reports of New Yorkers leaving New York and possibly taking Covid-19 with them.  The only way to contain this is to do what the Chinese did and shut the cities off.  They'll be more hot spots developing for sure now.  Saw a FL licensed vehicle across the street and I know damn well it wasn't there a few days ago.  It's either coming back from NY or escaping FL. 

I really don't blame these people for leaving but it's going to make this last a lot longer than Easter.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Conrad

« Reply #78 on: March 29, 2020, 10:39:38 am »
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Thank God for good men willing to do extreme violence.

Online maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #80 on: March 29, 2020, 01:25:37 pm »
We had our first confirmed case, at work :(  This is the first person I know or someone I know knows.
She is now in the hospital.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #81 on: March 29, 2020, 05:35:03 pm »
We had our first confirmed case, at work :(  This is the first person I know or someone I know knows.
She is now in the hospital.

That has to be worrisome... The county I live in Tenn is Union it had its first confirmed case yesterday and that's worrisome enough. I think by the time this is over we will all know someone who has been touched by this. The company I work for is trying to keep our tugs and barges running as we move essential products including gas, oil, chemicals and cement. We were given special instructions and traveling papers in case we ran into trouble with crossing state lines etc while getting to work. Once on board we are not allowed to get off the vessel and no one is allowed on board without extra special reasoning. 
Tony P. Crochet
(SOLD) 01 Concours Winner of COG Most Modified in 2010

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #82 on: March 29, 2020, 07:49:05 pm »
Don't know if you are aware of this site but if you get depressed easily don't click on it..

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! 2008 C14 Moved on to a new home, 2016 RM traded in.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #83 on: March 30, 2020, 07:22:51 am »
?

Sorry, I'm trying to put a little humor into this bad situation. Or is it that you don't get the joke?

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Online maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #84 on: March 30, 2020, 04:00:05 pm »
Sorry, I'm trying to put a little humor into this bad situation. Or is it that you don't get the joke?

The link is broken or restricted, so we all see nothing but a broken link icon.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #85 on: March 30, 2020, 05:13:24 pm »

Can't get what you can't see...or is that the joke? If it is then I don't get it.  ???
Thank God for good men willing to do extreme violence.

Online maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #86 on: March 30, 2020, 06:01:12 pm »
Can't get what you can't see...or is that the joke? If it is then I don't get it.  ???

Offline Michelle

• Saving the chubby unicorns
Neutron Silver 08 1400GTR ABS with KTRC K-ACT and ECO

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #88 on: March 30, 2020, 08:20:04 pm »
Miata?????  I could wear two of them on my feet.  My Indian weighs more than a Miata....
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! 2008 C14 Moved on to a new home, 2016 RM traded in.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #89 on: March 31, 2020, 03:53:51 am »
It's broken because the miata forum requires a login.

Gottcha. Never mind, upon further review, that one wasn't as funny as I originally thought.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 07:32:11 am by Conrad »