Author Topic: Front Won't Build Pressure  (Read 5289 times)

Offline okrider

• Dora: '11 Black
Re: Front Won't Build Pressure
« Reply #75 on: March 29, 2020, 05:57:34 am »
Thanks for the support, I've been bleeding so much fluid, cleaning with brake cleaner etc, that while I don't see an active leak, there's so much stains from all the fluids that have been on the caliper over the past couple weeks.
'11 Black: Russel Day-Long, Mountain Runner, cage w/ highway pegs, 2Bros Slip-on, Helibars Horizon

Offline connie_rider

« Reply #76 on: March 29, 2020, 08:23:56 am »
Is there a way you could disconnect and block the lines to each caliper?
If so, might help you isolate where the problem is.

I think the left caliper is attached to the rear (?).
Possibly you have a problem in the Link system?

Ride safe, Ted

Offline Michelle

• Saving the chubby unicorns
« Reply #77 on: March 29, 2020, 07:03:37 pm »
There is no link. It is just the computer adding pressure to the other half of the system.

Neutron Silver 08 1400GTR ABS with KTRC K-ACT and ECO

Offline okrider

« Reply #78 on: March 29, 2020, 08:26:12 pm »
There is no link. It is just the computer adding pressure to the other half of the system.

That's what I thought but I wasn't 100% so I didn't say anything.

Ok so after talking to Ari Henning (the guy who made the motorcycle magazine video linked above), I decided to give reverse bleeding another shot. While reverse bleeding the left caliper, I heard (and later saw) some bubbles rise into the master and I was so so happy. But at the end, lever feels the same.. no improvement whatsoever. I may give reverse bleed another shot before

The new used calipers are still on the way, should be here Thursday. I may give reverse bleed another shot before they arrive..
'11 Black: Russel Day-Long, Mountain Runner, cage w/ highway pegs, 2Bros Slip-on, Helibars Horizon

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #79 on: March 29, 2020, 08:59:13 pm »

Plus, Gen 1 don't have linked brakes, anyway.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline okrider

« Reply #80 on: March 29, 2020, 09:02:54 pm »

My bike is technically a Gen2? It's a 2011 with linked brakes

Offline Michelle

• Saving the chubby unicorns
« Reply #81 on: March 30, 2020, 03:05:08 am »

True. But nobody has a gen 1 like my one.  ;)
Neutron Silver 08 1400GTR ABS with KTRC K-ACT and ECO

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #82 on: March 30, 2020, 03:58:48 pm »
My bike is technically a Gen2? It's a 2011 with linked brakes

Yep

Sorry, I got you mixed up with op!  (Not sure how, but it happens)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline connie_rider

« Reply #83 on: March 31, 2020, 09:39:02 am »
Okrider, if your still getting air out of the system {after all the bleeding you've done}, I'd have to suspect the master Cylinder.

Ride safe, Ted

Offline okrider

« Reply #84 on: March 31, 2020, 10:20:05 am »
So the way I'm doing the reverse bleeding is by filling the syringe from the master reservoir. I didn't get this burst of air during the first but during the second syringe full, which made me think it had to do with the lines going to the ABS pump. I think air keeps getting trapped in a high point.

But maybe it is the master cylinder, I don't know.. It makes no sense why it would fail all of a sudden as I'm rebuilding the calipers as it was working fine before..

Offline okrider

« Reply #85 on: March 31, 2020, 10:35:20 am »
I actually won't be too upset if it is the master cylinder that's faulty. Better it be broken than me finding out I butchered the caliper job somehow and failing to figure out how..

Just ordered a master cylinder rebuild kit. I'm quite deep into this project at this point, might as well rebuild that too so I don't have to think about it again..

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #86 on: March 31, 2020, 11:22:44 am »
That's the spirit!
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! 2008 C14 Moved on to a new home, 2016 RM traded in.

Offline okrider

« Reply #87 on: April 04, 2020, 05:10:37 pm »
Here's the update:
After reading connie_rider's suggestion that it might be the master, I figured I'd give that a shot so I ordered a kit from Murph..

It arrived a couple days later and I took the master apart to find that the replacement kit I received looks pretty different compared to what came out. Quick email to Murph and turns out I bought the rebuild kit for the C10. So I cleaned everything and put it back together and bled it..

And that did it. I wouldn't say the brakes are as good as they can be, but at least they are consistent. I'm going to bleed them once more tomorrow. I think the reason brakes aren't biting as good right now is because I misplaced a couple pads and they need to re-bed.

But I can't complain. It's consistent and that's all I could ask for. I even left it with a ziptie overnight, and it felt the exact same today. So I guess what must've happened is I somehow got air trapped in the master cylinder..

Offline Rubber_Snake

• 2009 GTR1400 ABS, Black
« Reply #88 on: April 04, 2020, 07:08:13 pm »
CONGRATULATIONS!!!
2009 GTR 1400 ABS, 48k miles, AMSOIL synthetic 10W-40 (since new), AMSOIL synthetic 75W-90 final drive (since new). Helibar Horizons, Oxford heated grips, V-Stream windscreen, Mountain Runner Flash, Brian’s low fuel eliminator farkle, ST2 smart brake module and smart turn system, Two Brothers Black Series M5 w/P1X decibel killer.

Offline okrider

« Reply #89 on: April 04, 2020, 07:12:02 pm »
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Thanks! I needed that!