Author Topic: Front Won't Build Pressure  (Read 5295 times)

Offline Michelle

• Saving the chubby unicorns
Re: Front Won't Build Pressure
« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2020, 06:18:30 am »
Get a different colour fluid and keep pumping (or sucking) until it comes through.
Neutron Silver 08 1400GTR ABS with KTRC K-ACT and ECO

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2020, 06:48:02 am »
This is getting into the realm of a Haroldo thread...Excellent.  I wonder if I can designate that through the software and tag the thread?  I could create a new board just for those types of threads.  We just don't get them often enough.

"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! 2008 C14 Moved on to a new home, 2016 RM traded in.

Offline Freddy

« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2020, 06:50:33 am »
 :yikes:
The best substitute for brains is .............what?

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2020, 07:04:06 am »
Nothing wrong with that but it's basically a thread where someone does some maintenance (routine or otherwise) and it goes quite sideways and we all chip in to virtually work on it. 
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! 2008 C14 Moved on to a new home, 2016 RM traded in.

Offline okrider

• Dora: '11 Black
« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2020, 11:24:13 am »
I just pushed half a big bottle of fluid through the system. No improvement. I'm so frustrated with this..
'11 Black: Russel Day-Long, Mountain Runner, cage w/ highway pegs, 2Bros Slip-on, Helibars Horizon

Offline MtnRider

« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2020, 12:32:33 pm »
Back to Daytona Mike's earlier question. Maybe take the master cylinder apart and clean. Maybe a bit of "stuff" is stuck in there letting fluid bleed back to the reservoir? I'm no brake expert so asking others what they think on this.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2020, 01:24:11 pm »
Personally I would be leery of touching anything else but the calipers themselves.  You could introduce more issues unrelated to the original issue. 

It's been awhile since I put seals in my calipers but do they have to have a specific orientation?  Some seals have a chamfered set in they're not exactly square and they need to be put in the cylinders correctly or they won't work/seal right.  Only way to tell is to feel the seals in the cylinders and see if there's a lip and orient the new seals the same way.

I'm thinking if there is a right way, you should feel the lip on the top side of the seal.

My issue that lasted years was a shudder in the front brakes.  I replaced everything, sometimes twice.  One piston wasn't working right and once I replaced the seals everything was fine except I now have to replace the washer on the left side as I put two of them on the same side.

Offline MtnRider

« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2020, 01:44:28 pm »
Thanks, Jim. Probably right.

Offline okrider

« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2020, 02:06:24 pm »
This is the same video I referenced earlier, the seals don't have a specific orientation as far as I could tell, I definitely ran my finger over them and looked at the new ones for any uneven surfaces but nothing, they seem to go either way.
'11 Black: Russel Day-Long, Mountain Runner, cage w/ highway pegs, 2Bros Slip-on, Helibars Horizon

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2020, 02:32:08 pm »
Well, that rules that out..  Probably square cut seals.

Offline okrider

« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2020, 04:05:29 pm »
I did notice that the caliper halves don't come together as flush as they can, going to loosen the bolts and try to see if I can get it to be more flush. I don't think that'll change anything, but I'm grasping at straws here

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2020, 04:42:18 pm »
You replaced the little o-rings sealing the halves, right?  Where did you get the parts for the rebuild?

Offline okrider

« Reply #57 on: March 26, 2020, 05:47:49 pm »
yeah, from Murph

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2020, 06:28:20 pm »
watched this thread from page one. and refrained from any responses, to allow all the other folks to do so, and find it a bit refreshing, with so little given, just waiting it out.

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline okrider

« Reply #59 on: March 26, 2020, 07:19:28 pm »
do you mean you're waiting it out, aka you know why this is happening? Because I would really like to stop suffering and start riding  ;D