Author Topic: FOB battery dead in maximum 10 days  (Read 986 times)

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
Re: FOB battery dead in maximum 10 days
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2020, 07:31:37 pm »
my '08 came with 2 real Fobs.. still working, and I'm still happy.. just lucky I guess..  ::) ::)

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline l.u.v

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2020, 01:09:20 pm »
I come back with a happy answer!
I took the FOB to an electronics technician and he repaired it. He said he had a short circuit due to some electronic parts and he changed all these inside.
2o euro instead 350!  :)
Thank you all for your advice!

Offline Pilgrim

• '12 Black
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2020, 02:11:25 pm »
I had a problem with my fob some months ago whereby it stopped being recognised by the bike's KIPASS.  I took it to an electronics repairer who examined the circuitry under magnificantion.  He found that a tiny transistor that had one contact 'open circuit.'  He replaced it once he sourced a new one - $30 for a strip of 200 of them!  Perhaps such a person could find the problem with yours.

Good to see the happy answer.      Freddy nailed it. 

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2020, 03:29:43 pm »
Wow!  That is great!  Thanks for letting us know the outcome.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc