Author Topic: Voting  (Read 2139 times)

Offline DC Concours

• 2001 Concours, ~25K miles
Voting
« on: October 14, 2020, 01:42:27 pm »
Who is voting by mail this year?

And the rest of you bought into the fraud claims?

« Last Edit: October 16, 2020, 11:28:28 pm by DC Concours »

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: Voting
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2020, 03:13:13 pm »
Who is voting my mail this year?

Not me.

And the rest of you bought into the fraud claims?

Sounds like you just made this political, instead of just a query...

Mass, unsolicited ballot mailing is tremendously more susceptible to fraud and inaccuracy compared to in-person voting or absentee voting.  As to how much fraud there could or would be, who knows?
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline fartymarty

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2020, 05:59:17 pm »
I voted over two weeks ago. Applied to get mail in ballots and after we received them and filled them out, we drove to the only drop off ballot place in our county and dropped them off. Photo ID's for both of us were checked and we signed a log sheet and observed the masked employee drop our ballots into the official ballot box. We never left the car. Watching the long lines on the local news for the first day of early in person voting, I'm fairly certain we did the best thing for us. Probably do it that way from now on.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2020, 06:14:29 pm »
Applied to get mail in ballots and after we received them and filled them out, we drove to the only drop off [...] Photo ID's for both of us were checked and we signed a log sheet and observed the masked employee drop our ballots into the official ballot box.

That system certainly seems like reasonable security as opposed to unsolicited and mail-in.  Although I do like putting the ballot, myself, in the machine that immediately scans it.

Watching the long lines on the local news for the first day of early in person voting

Yeah, I am not looking forward to the lines on Nov 3.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2020, 07:42:24 pm »
I did the hybrid model.  Requested vote by mail.  Took said request to the registrar's office once it arrived.  Did not mail it in.  Got the ballots through the mail, filled them out and then took them to the registrar's office.  I detected no issues from the postal service, the state, or the registrar's office.  It went smoothly as far as I could tell.  Not gonna stand in line with people or go through a crowd to get to the polls.  I may never vote in person again.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! 2008 C14 Moved on to a new home, 2016 RM traded in.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2020, 08:11:14 am »
Both my wife and I requested, and received, mail in ballots. We had planed on filling them out and mailing them in.

After I thought about it a little more I decided that we would fill them out and place them in the secure mail in ballot box that was supposed to be set up at our county courthouse. We could take a nice drive in the Miata or a nice ride on the bike and see the fall colors while we were at it as the court house is 25 miles away from our house.

I called the court house to find out the exact location of the mail in ballot box (so that we didn't have to futz around looking for it once we got there). I spoke directly with the county clerk. She told me that the mail in ballot box wasn't available. The ballot box had been ordered months ago and never arrived. When she checked on what was going on with the order she was told that the box was back ordered and didn't have a ship date...

Anyone surprised by that? The clerk wasn't and neither am I. Her words dripped with sarcasm as she told me what was going on. She was very careful in how she worded her reply.   

Does anyone care to speculate as to why these boxes have been delayed? Yeah, we all know why and by whom... I'm sure that it would be difficult/impossible to prove though.

Back to our ballots. We live in a very small town but we do have an official polling place here, at least we have had in the past...

There's never a crowd if you go at the right time of day. In Illinois if you requested a mail in ballot and change your mind and wish to vote in person, you can do so. You have to bring in your mail in ballot and trade it in for a in person ballot. That's what we plan on doing.

And off we go.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline fartymarty

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2020, 09:32:47 am »

I spoke directly with the county clerk. She told me that the mail in ballot box wasn't available. The ballot box had been ordered months ago and never arrived. When she checked on what was going on with the order she was told that the box was back ordered and didn't have a ship date...

Anyone surprised by that? The clerk wasn't and neither am I. Her words dripped with sarcasm as she told me what was going on. She was very careful in how she worded her reply.   

Does anyone care to speculate as to why these boxes have been delayed? Yeah, we all know why and by whom... I'm sure that it would be difficult/impossible to prove though.

Well if you and the clerk are implying what I think you are implying, then yes I'm surprised. Illinois is not even considered a battleground state so it would be silly to waste time messing with it. It does make me wonder about your county clerk though, what happened to the ballot box from the last election...did she lose it? They are usually made from substantial material and not something that will wear out. I'm familiar with voting irregularities over in Cook county (a long and proud tradition there) but I suspect incompetence more than foul play. Did she toss it before the new one arrived? Makes me think that before the next election perhaps there should be a primary battle in your county between you and her for your party's candidate for county clerk.  ;D  :thumbs: Let me know if you do, I'll come up there and apply what I learned in Cook county so I can vote for you......over and over.  :banana

Offline DC Concours

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2020, 09:37:49 am »
What are you guys implying ???...that the Republicans are up to their old tricks, suppressing votes, because they cannot win if voting was made easier and more citizens voted.  :o

Offline sport rider

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2020, 11:22:32 am »
voting in person.  always have, always will.  plan to take my 85 year old parents to their voting place to do the same.

Offline fartymarty

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2020, 12:30:25 pm »
What are you guys implying ???...that the Republicans are up to their old tricks, suppressing votes, because they cannot win if voting was made easier and more citizens voted.  :o

That's possibly what Mr. C was implying. I on the other hand, was simply implying that Mr. C's current County Clerk might very well be an incompetent hack regardless of party affiliation.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2020, 12:44:16 pm »
Good point..incompetent hacks abound in this country.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! 2008 C14 Moved on to a new home, 2016 RM traded in.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2020, 02:51:21 pm »
You conspiracy theory people are letting your TDS get the best you. Might be time to move this to the Arena, Jim.
Thank God for good men willing to do extreme violence.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2020, 03:20:33 pm »

I think you might be falling into a conspiracy theory when simple supply/demand may be a far more reasonable explanation.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2020, 03:25:04 pm »

Voting security is more important than voting ease, as long as it doesn't dip into unreasonable (which I haven't seen any example of yet).   You can spin that however you like (as you seem to be overtly doing).

Virginia dumped all the horrible, insecure touch screen computers and went back to paper and scanning.

Offline DC Concours

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2020, 03:38:52 pm »
Voting security. Red Herring.

Voting security a veil for voter suppression.

Only a problem when Trump cannot win without suppressing the votes.

Offline DC Concours

« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2020, 03:41:08 pm »
What's the Arena?

And TDS is no different than the ODS you all had for 8 years. Next it will be BDS.

You conspiracy theory people are letting your TDS get the best you. Might be time to move this to the Arena, Jim.

Offline blue14

• Arena
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2020, 03:50:48 pm »
You mean KDS.  Don't you?
2010 C14, 2007 ZX14,  2004 KTM 300SXC

Offline DC Concours

« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2020, 03:52:05 pm »
Hahahaha. Ok. That is likely!

You mean KDS.  Don't you?

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2020, 04:19:58 pm »
Voting security. Red Herring.
Voting security a veil for voter suppression.
Only a problem when Trump cannot win without suppressing the votes.

Sigh ::)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2020, 04:30:46 am »
What's the Arena?

And TDS is no different than the ODS you all had for 8 years. Next it will be BDS.

Never heard of the Arena, eh?  It's a mythical place, hosted here where you can sling sh** at each other on various topics typically political.  Very little if any supervision exists.  Mods and admins don't get involved there unless summoned.  Enter at own risk.  If you want access, send me a PM and I'll grant it.