Author Topic: Voting  (Read 2144 times)

Offline turbojoe78

• Arena
Re: Voting
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2020, 06:02:58 am »
Voting security. Red Herring.

Voting security a veil for voter suppression.

Only a problem when Trump cannot win without suppressing the votes.

Like in 2016?  Oh wait, that was the Russians right?

My wife, daughter and I will be voting in person on Sunday.  Don't want those pesky Russians changing our votes.
2014 ZG1400 Concours COG memb# 8645

Offline lather

• And I think my spaceship knows which way to go...
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2020, 07:10:28 am »
I dropped off my mail in ballot at the post office yesterday. Eligible due to my age. There are only 17000 people in my parish and 5000 of those are in the state pen. I have never seen  more than 3 voters at my voting place and would have voted in person but will be on the road in early November.
Nothing worse than having your balls go missing.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2020, 07:25:32 am »

Well if you and the clerk are implying what I think you are implying, then yes I'm surprised. Illinois is not even considered a battleground state so it would be silly to waste time messing with it. It does make me wonder about your county clerk though, what happened to the ballot box from the last election...did she lose it? They are usually made from substantial material and not something that will wear out. I'm familiar with voting irregularities over in Cook county (a long and proud tradition there) but I suspect incompetence more than foul play. Did she toss it before the new one arrived? Makes me think that before the next election perhaps there should be a primary battle in your county between you and her for your party's candidate for county clerk.  ;D  :thumbs: Let me know if you do, I'll come up there and apply what I learned in Cook county so I can vote for you......over and over.  :banana

What are you guys implying ???...that the Republicans are up to their old tricks, suppressing votes, because they cannot win if voting was made easier and more citizens voted.  :o

I'm not implying anything, I'll come right out and say it.

Everywhere you look and at every turn, the republicans are making it more difficult to vote. Look at what Texas is doing. One mail in ballot box per county? That's total crap and there's only one reason for it. The republicans can't win a fair election so, yes, they're up to their old tricks and some new tricks as well. 
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Conrad

« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2020, 07:28:59 am »
Like in 2016?  Oh wait, that was the Russians right?

My wife, daughter and I will be voting in person on Sunday.  Don't want those pesky Russians changing our votes.

You know that it was proven that the Russians DID attempt to meddle in the 2016 election, right? How successful they were is another story...

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline turbojoe78

• Arena
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2020, 08:32:24 am »
You know that it was proven that the Russians DID attempt to meddle in the 2016 election, right? How successful they were is another story...

Attempt being the key word.  But then, so did Hillary, and she still couldn't win.

So much for Republicans not being able to win a fair election huh.

Offline fartymarty

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2020, 08:34:33 am »
FIFY  ;D

Everywhere you look and at every turn, the republicans are making it more difficult to vote. Look at what Texas is doing. One mail in DROP OFF ballot box per county? That's total crap and there's only one reason for it. The republicans can't win a fair election so, yes, they're up to their old tricks and some new tricks as well. 

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2020, 10:33:01 am »

Everywhere you look and at every turn, the republicans are making it more difficult to vote. Look at what Texas is doing. One mail in ballot box per county? That's total crap and there's only one reason for it. The republicans can't win a fair election so, yes, they're up to their old tricks and some new tricks as well.

...more difficult for illegals, dead, unregistered voters and those of you who feel the need to cast multiple ballots...

VOTE EARLY...VOTE OFTEN... it's the Democrat way

...enjoy the next 4 years of your TDS...
Thank God for good men willing to do extreme violence.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2020, 12:38:43 pm »
We're on the edge here guys and I'm not talking about my shelves..nudge nudge wink wink.
"LOCTITE┬«"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! 2008 C14 Moved on to a new home, 2016 RM traded in.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2020, 01:06:28 pm »
We're on the edge here guys and I'm not talking about my shelves..nudge nudge wink wink.

Sounds like you just made this political, instead of just a query...

I didn't even need "Spidey sense"
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2020, 04:49:35 pm »
In before the lock! :-)

It always goes this way in these types of threads. Unfortunately, we all have a dog in the proverbial fight and so take everything personally and let emotions get in the way. That said, a lot of what has been said in this thread are true, or at least I think so- I personally believe both sides (actually, ALL the sides) do as much coloring outside the lines as they can, and then just a little more. And the hollering is always because the 'other' side noticed the shady activities and is calling it.

Back to the topic at hand: Not sure what we will find on that Tuesday in November but I am concerned that there may be more voters than there is time at the polls. Depending on what the turnout is like, and how much Covid slows things down, I can envision a situation where the line is not gone before the polls close, at least in the polling place where we vote. Big turnout here normally and I think it will be higher than average this election. Andrea and I plan on taking the day to vote if needed.

I have also had the thought that things may get a bit rough at some polling places (though not mine- honestly, we are downright boring in this neighborhood) around the US. Things are pretty er, 'active' in some areas. Stay safe people and I hope everyone does OK on election day.... when exercising your constitutional right to vote.  :salute:

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline connie_rider

« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2020, 05:36:23 pm »
Well said about both sides coloring outside the lines.  :thumbs:

I suggest you vote early.

We went and did our early vote on Wednesday.
Got there about 8:00 and home by 9:00. Wasn't bad at all.
Kinda shocked me, as I hope for a extra good turnout this year.
Houston had a record turnout that day too... (guess i just got lucky).

Ride safe, Ted

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2020, 08:20:55 pm »
In the interest of being an informed voter in the upcoming Presidential election I tried very hard to read and digest the 110 page manifesto which is the Democrat Party platform. I would suggest anyone who is still undecided take the time to read it with an open mind and consider how it would affect their future and the future of all they care about.

https://joebiden.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/UNITY-TASK-FORCE-RECOMMENDATIONS.pdf

Thank God for good men willing to do extreme violence.

Offline DC Concours

• 2001 Concours, ~25K miles
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2020, 11:27:37 pm »
In a couple of weeks we'll see just how many Americans vote for this manifesto.

As you may remember, last time more Americans voted for the Clinton manifesto than they did for Trump's word salad. But the Russians came in and gave it to Trump (just kidding).

Offline turbojoe78

• Arena
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2020, 05:17:05 am »

As you may remember, last time more Americans voted for the Clinton manifesto than they did for Trump's word salad. But the Russians came in and gave it to Trump (just kidding).

The electoral college gave it to Trump.  Just as it's spelled out in the constitution.  Nothing more, nothing less.  Get over it, it'll only continue until Jan. 2025.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2020, 06:00:42 am »

Most have no interest in reading, thinking, or understanding policy.  They are voting based on personality, media fear mongering, or identity politics...

As you may remember, last time more Americans voted for the Clinton

or understanding the Constitution.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Conrad

« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2020, 07:23:21 am »
Attempt being the key word.  But then, so did Hillary, and she still couldn't win.

So much for Republicans not being able to win a fair election huh.

Can you honestly look around and say that what the republicans are doing is fair?

Can you listen to what POTUS is telling his supporters at his rallies and not shake your head over his lies? 

How about this one from Ft Myers.

Trump stated that the experimental monoclonal antibody injection that he attributes to his rapid recovery from C-19, an injection that only 10 people in the entire world has had to this point, will be available to everyone in the US and will be free?

Indecently, Trump is a huge pro-lifer/anti-abortion advocate, right? Any idea what that monoclonal antibody injection is, in part, derived from? Electively aborted fetuses...

If only he supported the wearing of masks...

Offline Conrad

« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2020, 07:25:54 am »
...more difficult for illegals, dead, unregistered voters and those of you who feel the need to cast multiple ballots...

VOTE EARLY...VOTE OFTEN... it's the Democrat way

...enjoy the next 4 years of your TDS...

More lies. Where is the evidence, besides in Trumps fevered mind, of voter fraud concerning mail in ballots?   

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2020, 08:48:29 am »
Can you honestly look around and say that what the republicans are doing is fair?

I don't think there is a lot of "fair" emanating from either party.  And what the media is doing is especially not "fair."

Can you listen to what POTUS is telling his supporters at his rallies and not shake your head over his lies?

As opposed to the lies that come out of Biden and Harris?  Lying about systemic racism nonsense.  Lying about shooting statistics.  Lying about Trump not condemning white supremacists.  Lying about Biden family not accepting money for from foreign interests.  Lying about not being opposed to fracking.   Lying about not raising taxes if discontinuing the Trump tax cuts.  Lying about Trump's vet comments.  Biden lying about his education.  Lying that Trump would threaten Medicaid.  Lying that the pandemic outcome would have been much better under Democratic leadership.  Biden essentially lying about his mental health status while still hiding from unscripted interviews, thinking he is running for the Senate, not remembering the name/order of his running mate, the pledge of allegiance, the preamble to the Declaration of Independence, his previous President, what state he is in, who he last ran against, any statistic numbers.  Lies about a drunk driver killing his wife and daughter.  Possible lies about his own sex scandals.  And now instead of outright lying about not packing [ruining] the supreme court, they just refuse to tell us what we already know they will do.

Trump says a lot of poorly-worded, and sometimes even stupid stuff, that is for sure.  And few cringe over it more than I do.  But I will take his poorly-articulated but well-positioned and executed policies, any day, over well-worded/articulated but poor positions and policies of Biden/Harris.

Offline fartymarty

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2020, 10:17:51 am »
Well both sides lie and distort and that has been a long tradition of both parties even if some (including me) think that the current President might have taken it to a new level.
The word "fairness" is always a warning sign for me because it can be so distorted by beliefs that we will never agree on what it actually is. Kind of like opinions on what a "good driver" is.

However, this thread was about "voting", that is the actual task of it, not which party is more desirable (the sword awaits, flaming and on high). Although I dropped my mail in ballot off at the one drop off location in my county that was allowed, I disagree with our governor about it. I don't see why during this pandemic election year why it wouldn't be feasible to a have a few more around the most populous counties of the state using the same procedure that was used at the one I went to. Even though the Federal appeals court has upheld the Governor, it still looks like voter suppression to me. The judges argument decision that the voters can still use the mail as they have in the past disregards the Covid 19 pandemic and that almost (maybe all) every county has issued emergency orders for same. It seems to me that if the county sees fit to issue emergency orders for masks and businesses that they should also be allowed to make emergency voting provisions to account for the expected increase in mail in ballots. Personally I think it will backfire on the Governor if it really was his intent to suppress the vote in more urban areas of the state. I have seen the long lines at the early voting sites around town and it would seem they are full of younger people waiting patiently hours to vote. Since this state is more restrictive about who can even receive a mail in ballot, I think his order will actually hurt his party more because it will affect the more elderly voters most of all. That opinion is of course presumptive on my part about how most of elderly (including the likes of me) are most likely to vote. Actually my vote will not really count much because Mrs. fartmarty voted the opposite of me so we went through all that just to negate each other's poor decisions.  :rotflmao:

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2020, 12:46:03 pm »
Best statement I ever heard about voting was from Gallagher (the watermelon guy) who I used to go see every year- much better in person IMO. But anyway, he said that we should all spend some time finding that person we know who is going to vote exactly the opposite of us on every politician, issue, fund and everything else on the current ballot. Then, on voting day, the two of you go fishing together. That still makes me smile.....

<snip>

Actually my vote will not really count much because Mrs. fartmarty voted the opposite of me so we went through all that just to negate each other's poor decisions.  :rotflmao:
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com