Author Topic: Admore Light Bar Installation  (Read 17960 times)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: Admore Light Bar Installation
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2013, 01:04:44 pm »
I have it remounted temporarily with some strapping.  After I get a new plate, I will either use strapping behind the plate or make a plate to go behind the plate.  Will probably also put a rubber bumper behind the Admore to try and reduce the motion.

You can tell I wasn't in a hurry to fix it :)

Anyway, I did it "right" this time (which is what I should have done in the first place).  I went and got some 3/4" x 1/8" flat aluminum stock and cut two pieces the height of the plate.  Drilled holes in the top/bottom of each, and use that behind the plate and Admore.  Everything is held together with four nylon bolts/nuts.  Wow it is very strong now!
Guhl ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, HID, helmet locks, Garmin Zumo 450, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,  Tourmaster Flex II

Offline jonathan

« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2014, 09:38:38 am »
On my wife's bike the licence plate is exposed to the wind and because of that the flex was splitting the mounting holes at the top. I ended up making a small bracket mounted to the fender to hold the bottom of the plate to eliminate flex. Because of the weight of the Admore light you might consider doing this too.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2014, 04:01:00 pm »
On my wife's bike the licence plate is exposed to the wind and because of that the flex was splitting the mounting holes at the top. I ended up making a small bracket mounted to the fender to hold the bottom of the plate to eliminate flex. Because of the weight of the Admore light you might consider doing this too.

My friend suggested the same thing.  Although now it is so rigid, it seems OK.  I thought about putting a bumper on the back of the plate to prevent movement too.
Guhl ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, HID, helmet locks, Garmin Zumo 450, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,  Tourmaster Flex II

Offline Racer Boy

« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2015, 08:38:33 pm »
I just installed my new Admore light (the smaller one, w/smoked lens). The previous owner had a surprisingly heavy and rigid license plate frame that bolts to all four of the license plate corners, so that that added enough strength and rigidity to the plate itself that it didn't seem necessary to add another plate of metal behind the license plate. I'll keep an eye on it and see how it holds up.

I do have to say that I'm somewhat disappointed that the Admore light isn't brighter, but perhaps that is because of the smoked lens.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2015, 10:40:28 pm »
My friend suggested the same thing.  Although now it is so rigid, it seems OK.  I thought about putting a bumper on the back of the plate to prevent movement too.

Well, it has been 1.3 years on the new setup (try 2) and no problems.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2015, 10:41:31 pm »
I do have to say that I'm somewhat disappointed that the Admore light isn't brighter, but perhaps that is because of the smoked lens.

Could be.  My normal one is quite bright- brighter than the Concours' stock LED one.

Offline fartymarty

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2015, 11:40:05 am »
I just installed my new Admore light (the smaller one, w/smoked lens).

My original light bars lens covers arrived with cracks around the screws and Admore sent me replacement lenses, so if you want to you can probably lose the smoke cover to get more light (assuming you request/order a clear replacement lens from Admore). The originals were sealed with clear silicone around the perimeter of the lens, use very sparingly if you replace it.
Next month will be 4 years since I installed my dual lightbars. So far the only problem has been one LED on the left bar has quit working.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 10:23:41 am by fartymarty »

Offline mikeb2411

« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2015, 10:04:59 am »
I have the Admore Light bar under my plate too...the smaller one. Here it is for those that care.

Mike
Ojai, CA
2016 Black Triumph Trophy SE

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2015, 04:29:20 pm »
I have the Admore Light bar under my plate too...the smaller one. Here it is for those that care.

:finger_fing11:  It is a great safety mod and greatly increases the visibility "footprint" being so far away from the stock light.

Offline Drugless

« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2015, 08:41:28 pm »
I've had one of these for nearly a year now and cant fault it. Yes I too had to modify the mounting after cracking the number plate, but two bits of inch by one eighth stainless bar and some nylon washers have fixed the problem while still leaving a little bit of flex for vibration.
I will sing loudly the praises of Admore's customer service. They are THE best online vendor I've ever used and their product support is beyond reproach.
It's better to be thought of as a fool than to open your mouth and confirm the fact. (Like I always do)
Previous bikes-
  Yamaha FJ1200 ('85)
  BMW R1200RT ('05)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2016, 03:59:18 pm »
Another full year of working perfectly... knock on wood!

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2018, 03:19:29 pm »
Another full year of working perfectly... knock on wood!

And two more years of my mounting working perfectly (3 total on new mounting design)... knock on some additional wood.  So it seems like the modified mounting design is certainly a keeper.  So I still highly recommend.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 06:05:25 am by maxtog »

Offline fartymarty

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2018, 10:50:30 pm »
Seven years for mine last month, and still only that one LED is out on the left light bar.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2018, 06:04:32 am »
Seven years for mine last month, and still only that one LED is out on the left light bar.

Seven years on mine too, in a month.

I will admit that mine does get some condensation/moisture in it, especially after washing the bike.  But it isn't tons and it doesn't seem to affect it at all.  Their bracket also has a little rust on it.

Offline fartymarty

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2018, 08:41:17 am »
...especially after washing the bike.
Huh?  ???   I'm not familiar with that...is that something new?

Their bracket also has a little rust on it.
Is that related to this "washing" you speak of?