Author Topic: Stebel Nautilus horn installation instructions  (Read 32976 times)

Offline jjsC6

Re: Stebel Nautilus horn installation instructions
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2011, 07:53:48 pm »
I agree.  I spent a lot of time trying to find a better place to mount mine.  No way did I see how it could have worked at the top of the radiator. 
Jim
2010 Concours - Sold Feb 2013
Current bikes....
2011 Ninja 1000, 2013 BMW 1600 GT, 2012 Ducati Panigale

Offline scgoan

« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2011, 08:57:21 pm »
Well, I'm glad to be the test subject. I'll let you all know if my horn gets smashed into my radiator. :yikes:

Offline Gsun

« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2011, 11:10:14 pm »
I just installed the Nautilus's bigger brother, Stebel "Compact Truck Horn" on my 2010. No pics though. Much deeper tone than the Compact Nautilus. The downside is it's physical size.

I installed it on the right side, under the upper fairing. I used two stainless, rubber insulated clamps to hold a short piece of aluminun bar stock to the fairing support tubes. It's located as far to the rear as I could get it and above the intake duct.
As to wiring...i ran a 15a fused 14 awg, pair of wires from the battery box to the relay/horn and a pair of wires from the stock horn with double blade adapters to the coil side of the relay. The stocker works in conjuction with the Stebel.

This one sounds at 300 Hz. http://www.stebel.it/stebel2009/products.asp?IDserie=17&uso=&tipologia=TUNING

I have been looking for a place on the net to buy this and can't come up with anything. Where did you get it? All I can find is the smaller one or a place in Australia that wants AU$38.00 for shipping!

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2011, 05:42:54 am »
I have been looking for a place on the net to buy this and can't come up with anything. Where did you get it? All I can find is the smaller one or a place in Australia that wants AU$38.00 for shipping!

I am not sure.  But I did want the compact one- not just for the size, but also because it is two tone.  The one, above, is only a single tone.  However, that one does have the advantage that the trumpet is down firing instead of front firing, making it even better for inside-fairing mounting (if it will fit).
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline martindf

« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2011, 06:20:31 am »
I just installed this horn the way that was noted here inside the right side and its works fine and a nice install.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2011, 09:04:08 pm »
I just installed this horn the way that was noted here inside the right side and its works fine and a nice install.

I had a chance to use it for real today, for the first time.  It was effective.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2011, 05:00:23 pm »
Seems this horn would blow our own eardrums into our brains, no?  I still haven't the hang of this sport-touring thing, even though i just completed an 8,000 mile trip.
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2011, 08:58:09 pm »
Seems this horn would blow our own eardrums into our brains, no? 

Nah, it isn't THAT bad.  The important thing is you (the operator of it) are prepared for the blast (and wearing a helmet).  Just as much sound goes down as up, too.    Or you can be adventurous and mount it the RoadKingX way and get full forward effect instead.

Offline tyler1015

« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2011, 05:48:50 am »
Believe it or not I have dual horns on my bike. They are installed using the screw on each side for the front turn signals.