Author Topic: Has anyone used a 'Tow Dolly'?  (Read 3633 times)

Offline Walker18

• Arena
Re: Has anyone used a 'Tow Dolly'?
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2011, 06:34:51 pm »
Have you thought about renting a trailer from U-haul or the likes?  They generally have some nice light weight alum trailers.  Rent one way turn it in, rent again for the return trip.
Chris, I think they're on to that.. I tried to reserve and drop it off near the rally point, but it's "not available" for one way.. I believe I would have to
rent it for the week, and of course, they want you to buy the insurance for 8 bucks a day, and since I'll have to pick it up on Saturday, and return it
on the following Saturday (8 days), total with tax for the week would be $194.61. I put a call in to my insurance company to see if the trailer is covered
by my policy, that will save me close to 70 bucks. If I rent the bigger trailer for one way, the price jumps to over 70 bucks each way! Still have an eye out
for a used one.. But I'll be there!
COG#8443                                                  
AMA# 1088783
2012 C-14  'Rudy'

Offline blade

Re: Has anyone used a 'Tow Dolly'?
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2011, 05:53:42 pm »
Probably way to late to the topic, but have you thought about a HF 4X8 folding trailer. I know there were several using them on the old board at one time or another. Another option would be the small trailer with a rail added, that's what I have and have hauled Connie to a couple of rallies and beyond. Get the ones with the 12 inch tires and use a 20% off coupon. That should keep you under 3 bills