Author Topic: Riding to James' funeral  (Read 4686 times)

Offline crashdb

• 2010 C14
Re: Riding to James' funeral
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2011, 12:02:33 pm »
Jeremy, I should be around that week so if you and your friend are still looking for a place to crash....

I'm sure you know this, but The Tomb of the Unknown is at ANC.  The Wall is across memorial bridge near the Lincoln Memorial.  While you're in the area you can also check out the Korean War Memorial.  It's better at night, but you gotta do what you gotta do.  The WW II memorial is more or less within walking distance.  If you're in Class A's you might not want to--six blocks or so. 
I feel like a new person!

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2011, 01:53:22 pm »
That sounds great, I sent you a PM with some tentative plans.
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2011, 02:04:16 pm »
Jeremy, I'm still trying to find the words to express how I feel.  Between James deeds and his parents selfless words I am just at a loss for words.  I'm sorry for the loss of hero, yet I'm thinking this entire story can only help someone less fortunate then we.  Look inward and you'll see he isnt gone, he is just somewhere else.

Do you know if the PGR will be in attendance?  If not, it is something to consider.

Be well, be strong, and stand proud,

Chet

Offline crashdb

• 2010 C14
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2011, 02:06:35 pm »
SOP, I just PM'd him about the PG.  My good friend is a member and he can set it up or direct me to the people that can.  Didn't mean to steal your thunder!  :)
I feel like a new person!

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2011, 02:11:38 pm »
I know that James' sister and his ex-wife are doing some checking.  I will let them know that I have a contact through CrashDB that is a member of the PGR in the DC area.  Thank you both for the info and I will do my best to make sure that those planning this honorable event are informed.

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2011, 08:57:15 am »
Changes of plans.  My buddy is out since he got a job that starts on the 17th, so he has to fly.  I would definitely rather have someone with me for a 2000+ mile trip, but this will give me a chance to ride the roads that I want and stop when and where I want. 

Offline RFH87_Connie

• Arena
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2011, 12:40:15 pm »
Hey Jeremy,

If Crashes place doesn't work for any reason, I'm just a few miles up the road in Lorton, VA just off I-95.  You could stay here a night if you need to.  Have a safe trip.  Send me a PM if you want my info.

Frank
“I can truly say I had rather be at home at Mount Vernon with a friend or two about me, than to be attended at the seat of government by the officers of State and the representatives of every power of Europe.” - George Washington

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2011, 02:02:30 pm »
Hey Jeremy,

If Crashes place doesn't work for any reason, I'm just a few miles up the road in Lorton, VA just off I-95.  You could stay here a night if you need to.  Have a safe trip.  Send me a PM if you want my info.

Frank

Thanks for the offer, I should be all set.  But I will keep you in mind if anything unexpected happens.