Author Topic: What's your prefered method to get to the header bolts?  (Read 16389 times)

Offline S.Ga.Rider

Re: What's your prefered method to get to the header bolts?
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2011, 05:08:19 am »
Has anyone tried high temp lok tight or regular locking nuts instead of the fuji nuts?

Offline vortex2

« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2011, 01:32:47 pm »
I did ride my '10 to Alaska and back AND it now has 23k miles and no loose bolts, headers or otherwise. I am not sure why this is a problem, but it is not a problem for all bikes. My '09 did
not have this problem either.

Offline S.Ga.Rider

« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2011, 02:39:46 pm »
I checked mine today along with installing zsteves heat inserts. 7 out of 8 mine were loose. I removed the mid fairings for the heat panel install and loosened the lower and radiator. I had to go to the store to buy a 1/4 swivel and that made it a lot easier. I also bought some high temp lock tite so maybe that will keep them from coming loose again.

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2012, 08:06:36 pm »
Just put my Myzzy header on today....THERE IS NOTHING FUN ABOUT THIS TASK!

Offline Scaffolder

« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2012, 06:39:39 pm »
One gasket came completely off once. I put it back together with the help of a 1958 Fiat 500. The flywheel nuts fit quite nicely. Same size, and it is in my father in laws garage. I didn't take any of the fairing apart. It just took a little patience. No issues since. It was about 15,000 miles ago.
Joel from Maine.

Offline Bikerdad

• My bike 2012 Black
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2013, 04:47:54 pm »
I decided to check mine at 7000 miles . Listened to everyone and decided to take plastic off and move rad . I can't say they were loose but they certainly were not equal . With everything being mentioned about how to proceed , no one mentioned the torque spec . This information would be beneficial if anyone out there had it . Please pass it on if you have it as I think this is a time consuming job and would like fix to last as long as possible . LOL

Ron
C-14 Black 2012

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2013, 05:22:54 pm »
I think it's 13ft-lbs...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  08-C14 EA FC ABS 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology (sold).  U.N.I.T is Back!  2016 Indian Roadmaster.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2013, 11:58:26 pm »
I did ride my '10 to Alaska and back AND it now has 23k miles and no loose bolts, headers or otherwise. I am not sure why this is a problem, but it is not a problem for all bikes. My '09 did
not have this problem either.

+1

my '10 hasn't had loose bolt issues either, its >74,000 miles now
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine