Author Topic: Top Block Racing - side sliders and tip over protection  (Read 65603 times)

Offline Rhino

• Arena
Re: Top Block Racing - side sliders and tip over protection
« Reply #90 on: March 28, 2012, 11:11:26 pm »
* What is missing in this thread are some good pictures of the Top Block installed on a 2010+.

* It was mentioned that the design is different from the 2008/9 and "not as nice".   How are they different?

* Someone else mentioned there were installation instructions somewhere out there.  Where?  I just don't understand how these can be mounted without drilling holes in the fairing....
---- EDIT---
OOps, I answered some of my own questions from that OTHER forum search results:

http://www.pbase.com/fredharmon/topblock

Yep, the 2010+ version of the Top Block is much less attractive than the older model.  Yep, requires drilling.  They are really not making this an easy decision (not as attractive, way expensive, no USA dealer, extra fees and risk, drilling fairing)

Thanks for the link. Now I am wondering what the cost is if I buy them in France.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #91 on: March 29, 2012, 10:12:17 am »
Thanks for the link. Now I am wondering what the cost is if I buy them in France.

I would think the cost would be the same, just no shipping cost...  :-\

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #92 on: March 29, 2012, 01:16:05 pm »

I would think the cost would be the same, just no shipping cost...  :-\

Well I went to a Kawi dealer here in Genoble today, 477 euros, or about $650. They had a '12 GTR1400 but no price tag. A ZXR1400 had a price tag with 15,699 euros or about $21,350!!! Zow!

Offline marku8a

« Reply #93 on: April 03, 2012, 09:33:24 pm »
Good news. Tatiana did contact me with the message that I can order via PayPal. I have no idea why my other messages didn't get their attention. At the current exchange rate, it's looking close to $700. I am going to go for it.

Mark

So I sent my PayPal payment on March 23rd. I didn't hear a word from Top Block after that. I was starting to get a bit worried until the package arrived yesterday. Wow! that was really fast!! Eleven days including 2 weekends. I have done my fair share of international shipping and this is about the fastest I have seen.

On to the installation this weekend.

Mark
2009 C14 Red
Fly_ectomy, K&N Filter, Oxford Heated Grips, PC V, Full Area P Exhaust
How far can a person run into a forest?

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #94 on: April 03, 2012, 09:48:23 pm »
So I sent my PayPal payment on March 23rd. I didn't hear a word from Top Block after that. I was starting to get a bit worried until the package arrived yesterday. Wow! that was really fast!! Eleven days including 2 weekends. I have done my fair share of international shipping and this is about the fastest I have seen.

On to the installation this weekend.

Mark

Sweet! Congrats Mark!!  8) :thumbs:

Get those babies installed and show us some pics bro... 

Offline Makz58

« Reply #95 on: April 22, 2012, 03:23:17 pm »
I talked about my install in another thread....now posting pictures....they do not look bad at all in person pictures just don't tell the tale...then again beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.LOL They are a top quality product here's hoping I don't ever need them.  Looks llike ZG's did him good...Sorry pics are not the best cheap camera...Comtemplating turning the silver top plate into black but they do look OK in person.

When arguing with an idiot make sure he isn't.
C-14 2010

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #96 on: April 22, 2012, 03:35:23 pm »
Looks great bro, congrats!  8)

Here's to hoping you never need em, but if you ever do I know they work!  :-[ ;D :thumbs: :hail:

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #97 on: April 22, 2012, 05:15:02 pm »
Comtemplating turning the silver top plate into black

+1.    I am not sure why they would use a silver plate on the 2nd gen version.  Makes no sense.  I think in another thread someone was saying it might be possible to reverse the two sides, so you are turning them upside down with the black rubber facing up.  Does it look like that is a possibility?
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #98 on: April 22, 2012, 05:17:42 pm »
I think in another thread someone was saying it might be possible to reverse the two sides, so you are turning them upside down with the black rubber facing up.  Does it look like that is a possibility?

Nope, they look the same but they are side specific... I saw somebody powder coated or painted that silver plate on the 10+ version and it did look alot better IMO...

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #99 on: April 24, 2012, 09:56:32 pm »
And they work!!  :thumbs: :thumbs:

See this thread below for pics...  :o

http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=8315.0
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 11:38:30 pm by ZG »

Offline marku8a

« Reply #100 on: May 02, 2012, 09:43:10 pm »
I finely finished my TB tip-over protector installation. I was very impressed with the fit, quality and design. The styling makes it look like OEM equipment. Being in engineering that’s high praise coming from me. I now understand why they are expensive.

I de-badged my bike so I was a bit disappointed that the black plastic pieces had the “KAWASAKI” logo printed on the vertical surfaces. All the pictures that I have seen did not have the logo. I tried wiping them off with lacquer thinner with no luck. I will give them a rub with wet 600 grit sandpaper to see if that works.

ZG – After seeing your pictures it appears that you have your black plastic parts installed on the wrong sides (right should be left and left should be right). With my KAWASAKI logoed parts installed in the right orientation the small white lettering that reads “Registered Community Design” should be facing the pavement.

I hope I never have to use these but it’s good to know that I have them!

Mark
2009 C14 Red
Fly_ectomy, K&N Filter, Oxford Heated Grips, PC V, Full Area P Exhaust
How far can a person run into a forest?

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #101 on: May 02, 2012, 10:24:22 pm »
Congrats Mark!

But...

As for the right vs left I find that intriguing, I was told by TB they aren't reversable??  ??? :-\

If that's the case though then it makes buying spare plastic grinders all the more worth it! Buy one spare grinder and you're good to go no matter which side goes down!  :)

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #102 on: September 02, 2012, 09:05:01 pm »
I'll update this thread for future searches, powder coated the arms black... they blend in quite nicely now IMO.  8)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #103 on: September 02, 2012, 09:15:29 pm »
I'll update this thread for future searches, powder coated the arms black... they blend in quite nicely now IMO.  8)

Let's see.... you still need black caliper holders, black rotors, black exhaust, and....

BTW- What camera are you using now... really sharp pictures.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #104 on: September 02, 2012, 09:43:21 pm »
Let's see.... you still need black caliper holders, black rotors, black exhaust, and....

:rotflmao: :thumbs:

BTW- What camera are you using now... really sharp pictures.

Wish I could take the credit for those recent pics Max, I agree they are awesome quality!  :thumbs:

They were actually shot by the shop that I go to owners son, kid has mad skills and a $1500 camera...  :hail: